The Food Thread

gs3

I tried Brick City Grille tonight on the recommendation of an acquaintance. For those of you who don't know, it is located in the shopping center with the Publix on Pelham Road (on the stretch between Pleasantburg and Haywood Roads). The inside is nicer than you would expect, given the fact that it's in a shopping center. The food was good, but the service was very disappointing. Perhaps my experience was an isolated one. Has anyone else dined there?

I had the same experience. Food was good, but service could have been improved upon. The service seemed a little "small town". Instead of the wait staff noticing my glass was empty and asking me if I needed another drink, I had to call this out to their attention and ask for another. Several things about the service gave me the feeling they were not on top of it. Maybe I was there on a bad night. :dontknow:

Ok... tried the yellow curry at Thai @ Greenville.

Honestly, it isn't the best I've had. I wasn't really all that impressed, but it did help with the enormous yellow curry craving I had. :)

I'll try the other suggested Thai restaurant maybe later next week to see how their yellow curry is. I hope they use better tasting onions. :P

Thanks again! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if they carry the Yellow Curry, but Bangcock Thai on Pelham is probably the best Thai food I've ever had. Even my buddy's Thai mom loves that place, so thats a good enough endorsement for me. I've never had a bad dish there, and I do know they have Red and Green Curry, and a few other colors I can't think of right now.

I'm guessing this would be over on Orchard Park Drive? Would that be near Longhorn/TJ Max or near the Outback?

There was one on E North St (in the shopping center w/the BiLo at the corner of haywood & e north st)- Havana Cafe - not sure if they are still open or not. We went once service and food were both good. However last few times I've been over that way it appeared to be closed.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to give a shoutout to the Northgate Soda Shop. Its just a great local restaurant. Its not the best food in the world, but its just good home cookin' -and I mean "...cookin'... " This is definately one of Gville's hidden treasures. Plus they serve Coke floats, and who doesn't like that?

I just want to give a shoutout to the Northgate Soda Shop. Its just a great local restaurant. Its not the best food in the world, but its just good home cookin' -and I mean "...cookin'... " This is definately one of Gville's hidden treasures. Plus they serve Coke floats, and who doesn't like that?

They have an awesome pimento cheeseburger!

This may be a topic for another thread, but I always wondered what are some of Greenville's better hidden treasures? I mean the places that no one would go to if they didn't live nearby, but everyone really needs to go to at one time or another.

My faves would be:

The original Clock in Greer

Tucker's Soda Shop ( this is similar to Northgate, but over in West Greenville)

Tanner's Big Orange

Little Italy ( this is a pizza place in Piedmont, that is really worth the drive)

Oh really? I have seen it but never been. It's really that good though?

I'll say it's that good. Cash only though so be aware of that. We usually go on the weekends at lunch time and get the Falafel/Hummus plate. Their sweet tea is good as well :) I started eating there when i was a vegetarian. Now that I'm reformed and back to eating meat - I still just get the falafel/hummus plate.

I'll say it's that good. Cash only though so be aware of that. We usually go on the weekends at lunch time and get the Falafel/Hummus plate. Their sweet tea is good as well :) I started eating there when i was a vegetarian. Now that I'm reformed and back to eating meat - I still just get the falafel/hummus plate.

I had always wondered if there were a good place to get falafel in Greenville...so this is great news! :thumbsup: