The Food Thread

gs3

I can't believe no one has mentioned Bistro Europa. It's been a main street staple for close to 15 years. They serve an excellent lunch. Try the pimento cheese sandwich or any of their soups. Heck it's all good. Best outdoor dinning DT.

I agree, their pimento cheese is incredible! :thumbsup: Smoke on the Water has pimento cheese that gives them a run for the money, a close second.

Anybody tried this Nick-n-Willy's Pizza? Any idea where it's located?

http://www.pmq.com/cgi-script/csNews/csNew...ne&id=1111&op=t

I agree, their pimento cheese is incredible! :thumbsup: Smoke on the Water has pimento cheese that gives them a run for the money, a close second.

Anybody tried this Nick-n-Willy's Pizza? Any idea where it's located?

http://www.pmq.com/cgi-script/csNews/csNew...ne&id=1111&op=t

Going to their website it's at 2123 Augusta St. - not sure exactly where that is on Augusta though.

Speaking of augusta St - I was watching Blue Ribbon on Turner south and they mentioned a place called Sarah's Kitchen (i think was the name of it). Anyone know what part of Augusta that's on - becuase the food they showed look great (they were on the show for their fried chicken)

I can't believe no one has mentioned Bistro Europa. It's been a main street staple for close to 15 years. They serve an excellent lunch. Try the pimento cheese sandwich or any of their soups. Heck it's all good. Best outdoor dinning DT.

Eh...I've eaten there twice in five years and I just wasn't overly impressed either time. Blue Ridge Brewery now...there's some good food (and beer)! :thumbsup:

My wife and I took in the new show, "Extreme Makeover: Greenville Edition," at Cafe & Then Some last night. The food was pretty decent. We had three of the small plates (Cheese Plate for appetizer, Mystic Pizza, and a Crab Cake) and their Burbon Chocolate Pecan Cake for dessert (yummy).

The show is in only its third week, I believe, and it was a bit rough around the edges; however, it's for the most part very funny. It's certainly an interesting take on many of the things we love to discuss here. I had to keep reminding myself that it was a satire. :P

Hmmm...who knows...maybe some day they'll do a show based on Urban Planet? :rofl:

Keep your eyes open downtown for Fonda Rosalinda's 2nd location. The one downtown will be more upscale and will be called Carlos & Rosalinda's. Pretty sure they are taking the spot where Carpenters was. If you haven't tried the original Rosalinda's yet, you're missing some of the best food in Greenville!

Would this be the same Rosalinda's on North Pleasantburg Drive behind Little Caesar's?

I wonder if you would count Monterrey by the Mall as an upscale Mexican restaurant. It looks more upscale, but they have a similar menu used in its other locations.

The menu really isn't all that similar. There are a number of things on the menu at Monterrey by the Mall that I don't find at the others. I'd consider Monterrey by the Mall to be more up-scale than the others, myself.

Would this be the same Rosalinda's on North Pleasantburg Drive behind Little Caesar's?

I wonder if you would count Monterrey by the Mall as an upscale Mexican restaurant. It looks more upscale, but they have a similar menu used in its other locations.

The same one. Rosalinda is the mom, and Carlos and Rosalinda are the son and daughter. The downtown location will have the atmosphere more along the lines of something Soby would do with one of his places. Menu should be the same as they have some standards that people love.

You know it's a great place when the owners of one of the cities best restaurants talk about it on THEIR website: http://www.33liberty.com/ (click on "where we eat").

Keep your eyes open downtown for Fonda Rosalinda's 2nd location. The one downtown will be more upscale and will be called Carlos & Rosalinda's. Pretty sure they are taking the spot where Carpenters was. If you haven't tried the original Rosalinda's yet, you're missing some of the best food in Greenville!

Definitely some gutting going on in that building. There's a temporary construction dumpster just outside full of broken sheetrock, etc. I looked inside the front windows today. It looked very similar to what it used to be, only there were some large ceramic ice cream cones on the tables. I know the building's owner wanted to turn that space into an ice cream parlor by the middle of this year. Could Rosalinda's be going into the basement?

What about the store next to Marble Slab Creamery on North Main? It is completely closed off and boarded up, so there's no way to see what is being done inside without asking (which I haven't done yet). I would prefer this location over the old Carpenter Brothers building. I'd love to see something that would keep the old fashioned look for that one. :shades:

What about the store next to Marble Slab Creamery on North Main? It is completely closed off and boarded up, so there's no way to see what is being done inside without asking (which I haven't done yet). I would prefer this location over the old Carpenter Brothers building. I'd love to see something that would keep the old fashioned look for that one. :shades:

The whole front of that building has been torn off. I'm pretty curious as to what's going on there as well. Anybody have any hints/clues?

I dined tonight at The Olympian on Congaree Road. They have very good Greek and Italian cuisine. Their pizzas are among the best in Greenville.

Has anyone noticed Lone Star with the lights off? I think they closed that location about two months ago. If a restaranteer does not mind Congaree Road's busy traffic, it would make a great location for whoever moves in.