Anderson's Top Ten Wish List 2006

GSP Tiger

I am wondering what you wish for Anderson this year.

1.) revitilization of south Anderson sommunities

2.) The Fresh Market opens a store

3.) plans are revived for the outdoor retail center at I-85 and Clemson Blvd

4.) more streetscapes downtown

5.) new architecturally unique residential towers downtown

6.) retail at SC-81 and I-85

7.) Anderson Mall expands and gets a total makeover in and out

8.) more restuarants on SC-81

9.) old Kroger site at River and South Fant Streets is made something useful

10.) more corporate offices downtown

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am wondering what you wish for Anderson this year.

1.) revitilization of south Anderson sommunities

2.) The Fresh Market opens a store

3.) plans are revived for the outdoor retail center at I-85 and Clemson Blvd

4.) more streetscapes downtown

5.) new architecturally unique residential towers downtown

6.) retail at SC-81 and I-85

7.) Anderson Mall expands and gets a total makeover in and out

8.) more restuarants on SC-81

9.) old Kroger site at River and South Fant Streets is made something useful

10.) more corporate offices downtown

I agree but with one minor change...

3.) the retail proposal for 85 and Clemson Blvd was too big. How about a smaller project at 85 and Liberty Hwy (exit 21) instead?

11.) a full service bookstore (B&N)

I agree but with one minor change...

3.) the retail proposal for 85 and Clemson Blvd was too big. How about a smaller project at 85 and Liberty Hwy (exit 21) instead?

The proposal should have been scaled down considerably. They could use more restaurants (i.e. Carraba's, P. F. Chang's, etc.) and a smaller retail section with a supermarket (i.e. Ingle's).

Before any is added to Exit 21, Liberty Highway must be widened to four lanes. Thar road has too much traffic that it can handle.

11.) a full service bookstore (B&N)

Does Books-a-Million count? They have a location next to Office Depot and Circuit City.

Are there any plans to widen Liberty Hwy? It just seems like a great direction for a little development. I guess I don't think of the traffic. I now live in Bangkok, Thailand and have a whole different idea of what "road capacity" means. :(

Books-a-million is great, but I wouldn't call it 'full-service' in the way I'm thinking. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic in thinking Anderson is ready to support a full-sized Barnes and Noble or Borders type store. Exit 19 would be a good place for something like that. You'd have Anderson support. Clemson wouldn't be too far. And if it was visible from the Interstate - weary travellors might stop in for a cup of coffee and a break from the road - not to mention people staying overnight in one of the hotels just looking for a distraction.

What I woud like to see for Anderson this year is the success of its two downtown residential projects and some more investment in the core area, though not necessarily on Main St. Anderson has more than its share of retail, particularly for a city its size, so I see no reason why it needs yet another large suburban shoipping center.

Archived