Random Fayetteville Photos

kmccloud

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are they building there? A park of somesort? DT looks nice and that erases some of my stereotyping of this neat little town.

I think it is. It is supposed to have an amphitheater a public lawn and a some sort of tall spire. It is a step in the right direction. I remember when they restored the cobblestone downtown. Also DT used to have retail and a lot of bars. The bars were not the kind for professionals if you get my drift. The most famous one was Ricks lounge. Every teenage boy around could not wait to turn 18 just to get in. Well the DT revitalization came and all of those bars and seedy lounges were closed and some torn down. Thats why in some of the shots of DT looks spaced out.

The "King James"(I think that was the name before the change) or the Radisson in DT is one of the oldest highrise hotels to be located in a downtown area in the state. The infamous Hay street has lost all of its prior negative establishments and now has gone through a revival. Up the hill from the train station is historic haymont village. It is home to a confederate armory and a hospital. The hospital was turned into apartments. As a matter of fact that was my first apartment while I went to Fayetteville Tech. My wife loved it. She said it reminded here of the old apartment buildings in NJ. Fayetteville is a hard place to get to know but all in all there are worse places. DT is walkable. Highsmith-Raney hospital is there also there is retail and all that is missing is more housing and more urban development that reflects the 170K pop. There is history in my hometown but it gets swept to the side due to the needs of the military and all of the sprawl. I plan to fly home this summer and give you guys my personal photo tour.

I am happy there are photos finally provided of DT Fayetteville on Urbanplanet. This helps to take some away the popular culture of how people think of the city the most; cross creek mall, trailor parks, car dealerships and the military.

Don't forget the Pawn shops. They seem to have one in every shopping center. Please don't bash me for saying that but I was born in Fayetteville and lived off Yadkin Rd.

Don't forget the Pawn shops. They seem to have one in every shopping center. Please don't bash me for saying that but I was born in Fayetteville and lived off Yadkin Rd.

Very true, usually the first thing that greets you into the city if not the scotchman gas station :rofl: . Being up north for the time being, theres one customer that comes into the pizza shop thats from Fayetteville originally and we always talk about F'ville & North Carolina whenever business is slow or if i take my breaks in reason. Besides Urbanplanet, this about the only other oppurtunity i get to discuss NC in general :D

Archived