Urban Stores

Newnan

Post pictures of chain restaurants, grocery stores, clothing stores and other retail outlets in your city that have been established in Urban environments. I'm not talking about strip malls, I'm talking about in your city and not in any kind of shopping center, Think of all the stores in New York City. Also, give us info on stores that will be opening in your city. Just curious to see how urban our cities really are.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the CBD OKC has Trattoria Il Centro, a new restaurant, and a few lunch places, a jeweler, a bookstore... There are a number of businesses below ground in The Underground, a tunnel system beneath the CBD that links more than 30 buildings. I saw a hair salon, an arcade, a few restaurants, and some bank counters last time I went down there.

Recently announced: Soleil, a restaurant for the first floor of the Colcord hotel that will be ready by fall 06, and XO, an "urban nightclub" for the basement of the Colcord. The Skirvin Hilton will also have a few places to eat and hang out.

A study has been done on the success of a CBD area grocery store. The study concluded that 6000 people were needed downtown for the grocery store to succeed, but only 4000 currently live there. I think that we will see a grocery store announced if not opened by the end of the year, because I expect that downtown population will increase to at least 7-8000.

Those are all I can think of, obviously excluding Bricktown.

Charleston also has King St. Which (in reference to chain retail establishments in a downtown) would probably put most, if not ALL southern cities to shame. It's tenant list reads like a mall with every chain you can imagine from Abercrombie to Pottery Barn. I have no King St. pictures but I'm sure someone does.

• 4 weeks later...

Downtown Greenville, SC has some along Main Street: plenty of chain restaurants (Atlanta Bread Co., Quizno's, Sticky Fingers, etc.), a department store (Mast General Store, which is a regional chain), etc. Pictures soon. It's not that urban of a city, but downtown is just a shopping district that has rebounded recently.

• 4 weeks later...

In Tampa we have an urban like mall in Ybor City which carries Urban Outfitters, a Movie Theatre, Restauraunts, Clubs, Victoria Secret and much more!!! right across the bridge from the Downtown core we have a Publix and an Urban like Target which you would see in NY not too far away from the downtown which is right by the freeway. We also have an area right by Downtown called Channelside which is very urban like has coffee shops, stores, movies, restauraunts, and the Aquarium. I consider Tampa....Miami's little sister because we are soo much like Miami in weather, urban atmosphere, and we are growing rapidly with a metro of 2.5 million

Archived