Fulbright Building Development

Mith242

I posted a few pics of this a while back ago. Till I happened to walk by this building getting to the Willow-Washington Historic District I hadn't heard anything about this before. I'm still having a hard time finding out anything. I even tried the website address at the bootom of the sign with no luck. All I can say is that it's the former Fayetteville Public Library. I remember people talking about what to do with the building because they hated to see if go because it either represented a unique style of architecture or the architect has some Local ties and this is one of his few examples here in the state. But it's been a while and I can't quite recall. I haven't even been able to tell what exactly they're planning on doing with this building. That one rendering in the bottom right hand side of the sign doesn't make it look like a condo development. Perhaps a mixed-use building but not sure if they're will be a lot of room for condos.

img0159s1mg.jpg

img0158s2jy.jpg

img0160s4kq.jpg

img0161s4wm.jpg

img0162s1yn.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This project looks like Office Space to me, more than anything.

It could be. It's in an odd location. It's just behind the current Washington County Courthouse but it's also across the street from the Willow-Washington Historic District too. It's more residential around that area.

• 1 month later...

I found out the people working on this site are also working on some prominent developments in Fayetteville. The Renaissance Tower, East One Center former Bank of American Building, The Lofts at Underwood Plaza. Here's some info and a link to the site with the projects listed.

The former location of the Fayetteville Public Library, the Fulbright Building is a Dickson Street fixture. With Architect Marlon Blackwell at the helm of the renovation, plans to remodel the Fulbright Building will transform the space from a traditional book haven to the contemporary, stylish headquarters of AMA Real Estate Group, Inc. The modern structure will feature clean lines, minimalist influences and elegant interiors, an adventurous departure from the historic, very traditional Cooper House that contains the company's current offices.

http://www.amaregi.com/projects.html

• 7 months later...

The original architect of the Fulbright Library was Warren Seagraves who has done many local buildings in including the St Joseph's church (1967) that is now Seagaves Condos on Lafayette, the old SWEPCO bldg (1967) at College & Dickson, and believe it or not Maxine's Tap Room (1963.) He also designed some not very memorable buildings.

http://libinfo.uark.edu/specialcollections...egravesaid.html

Fayetteville Public Library (The Roberta Fulbright Public Library). Fayetteville, AR. 1960 Preliminary Plan. 1969 Addition.

The original architect of the Fulbright Library was Warren Seagraves who has done many local buildings in including the St Joseph's church (1967) that is now Seagaves Condos on Lafayette, the old SWEPCO bldg (1967) at College & Dickson, and believe it or not Maxine's Tap Room (1963.) He also designed some not very memorable buildings.

http://libinfo.uark.edu/specialcollections...egravesaid.html

Fayetteville Public Library (The Roberta Fulbright Public Library). Fayetteville, AR. 1960 Preliminary Plan. 1969 Addition.

Thanks for the info. I couldn't remember the name but I do remember hearing about not wanting to tear down the building because it was a good representation of his work. Thanks also for reminding me of this topic. I haven't thought to go back over in a lot time to see what's going on over there. It got lost in all the other big developments going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few updates on the construction going on here. I was surprised they didn't have this fenced off at all. Although after I had already gone in to take a few shots I finally saw the no tresspassing signs. But seriously there's absolutely nothing to keep anyone from going in.

fulb01lz5.jpg

fulb02zt4.jpg

fulb03xa8.jpg

fulb04dn0.jpg

It is really not as far along as I had expected it to be. It seems like they have been working on this project for quite a while now.

I agree, it's been a long time since I've been over here. I think Thia posted in this topic and reminded me that I haven't been over here so I decided to stop. Then again it seems like quite a few projects around Fayetteville are moving at a snail's pace.

Wow Mith, no security guards kicked you off the property. :D May'be you should try going to the Promenade then.

I thought this building was completed, so I can't believe how long construction has taken.

Yeah this seems to be another one of those 'slow' projects Fayetteville is known for. :lol:

Wow Mith, no security guards kicked you off the property. :D May'be you should try going to the Promenade then.

I thought this building was completed, so I can't believe how long construction has taken.

The west building has been completed and has had tenants for a while; probably 4-6 months or more.

Yeah this seems to be another one of those 'slow' projects Fayetteville is known for. :lol:

Or rather, that AMA is becoming known for. (This, Renaissance, Lofts at Underwood) I like the things they've done so far (epecially BoA condos, those are really unique), but they seem to have dropped the ball lately and appear to not be making much effort to pick it up.

The west building has been completed and has had tenants for a while; probably 4-6 months or more.

That's right I did see some sort of sign that looked like it was an office. So I guess a small part of it is open now.

Or rather, that AMA is becoming known for. (This, Renaissance, Lofts at Underwood) I like the things they've done so far (epecially BoA condos, those are really unique), but they seem to have dropped the ball lately and appear to not be making much effort to pick it up.

I wonder if they've overextended themselves or what.

That's right I did see some sort of sign that looked like it was an office. So I guess a small part of it is open now.

I wonder if they've overextended themselves or what.

That's always the first thought that comes to my mind. Stretched too thin financially and managerially.....

M

Archived