More New York Christmas Stories ...

hkskyline

Xmas in New York

I got off the bus at 14th Street and walked east towards Union Square. The street was quite wide and there were some architectural details worth noting :

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

The Empire State Building in the distance. I decided not to visit it this time, instead opting for the new Top of the Rock at the Rockefeller Center.

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

I arrived at Union Square under clear, blue skies.

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

Next stop was Madison Square Park on this cool, but comfortable December morning. I was quite happy that the weather turned out so well. One of my major anxieties was a drop in temperature because a few years ago around this time I had to endure a windy, cloudy, and freezing day in New York. I didn't want history to repeat itself.

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

The 9-block walk from 14th to 23rd didn't take too long at all.

IMG_4186.jpg

The Flatiron Building is one of New York's most recognizable skyscrapers, and it was about time that I pay a visit to this historical landmark. Unfortunately, on my first up-close visit, the front had to be under renovation.

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

I have more photos at my newly-updated New York Gallery at :

http://www.geocities.com/asiaglobe/gallery/newyork.htm

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply