Milford, Michigan

ZachariahDaMan

I'm back with some more of my small town pictures. This time it's Milford, a village of 6,272 in Oakland County. Frank Orvis invented an automobile in Milford in 1917. Thomas Lynch, a poet and undertaker took over a funeral home here in 1974 and has lived here ever since.

100_1105.jpg

100_1094.jpg

100_1095.jpg

100_1096.jpg

100_1097.jpg

100_1098.jpg

100_1100.jpg

100_1101.jpg

100_1102.jpg

100_1103.jpg

100_1106.jpg

100_1107.jpg

100_1112.jpg

100_1099.jpg

100_1104.jpg

100_1109.jpg

100_1110.jpg

100_1111.jpg

Here is where we ate at:

100_1113.jpg

100_1115.jpg

100_1114.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Milford for the first time just before Christmas. I pass by it countless times on the freeway, but have never stopped in to say hello. The town is cute, but the area surrounding it isn't just booming or exploding, it's boomploding! ;) This is the exurbs of Detroit and the sprawl is crawling further and further west toward Metro Lansing.

This is quite a surprise. Really, I thought Milford was some extension of sprawling Wixom. Metro Detroit has so many great small cities that I've never visited. There are great little pockets within the sprawl.

But, Milford/Wixom are is a great location. They are right near Kensington Metropark, a lake park in hilly southwestern Oakland County.

It reminds me of a lot of small cities in this state. I've never really realized how many small villages/towns in Michigan are still in tact. Heck, a few in my area have opera houses. I really need to get around and photo tour the small cities of Mid-Michigan. I got down to Mason last year, but it was incredibly cloudy.

^^My friend's uncle works for Ford and he was able to buy a new Expedition using his uncle's discount. He had to buy it in Michigan, so we flew out there and drove it back to California. Before we left Michigan, we drove up to Mackinac Island, Petoskey, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Saugatuck(sp). It was awesome. Any pics of Mackinac to share? I can taste that fudge right now.......

Archived