Lexington Photo Tour-Part 2

Noneck_08

Didn't do much this weekend so while walking the dog I went and took some pics. This is kinda of a update to my old thread, and I also got a new camara.

This first set is around my neighborhood on the edge of Uptown.

photo002medium7dk.jpg

dcfn00046ih.jpg

dcfn0006medium1qw.jpg

The Lexcom Building peaking out from behind the houses.

dcfn0007medium1ro.jpg

dcfn0008medium0jd.jpg

dcfn0009medium2vh.jpg

Davidson County Court House

dcfn0010medium8xt.jpg

Looking down State Street by the LSB Building

dcfn0012medium2vl.jpg

A look at the Old Courthouse along Main Street

dcfn0013medium0ef.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the replies guy's. Anyway, here are some more pics I took. Mainly of Lexington Home Brands old plants. I figured they are apart of our town's history, and now they lay empty. A victim of America's economy.

This first set of pic's are off of Main Street, following the railroad tracks. The old depot can be seen in some.

uptown008medium4qs.jpg

uptown0093yh.jpg

uptown010medium2md.jpg

This is one of my favorite resterants uptown. There breakfest is to die for.

uptown012medium5is.jpg

This one came out kinda blurry. It's an old tunnel going underneath the RR.

uptown004medium3hv.jpg

Lexington Home Brands HQ- The only LHB place open in town

uptown011medium0lm.jpg

You can see how large this complex is. You can see down the street for about 3 blocks. I took this from the HQ buildings parking lot.

uptown006medium4to.jpg

Looking downtown toward Main St.

uptown013medium3zj.jpg

Well thats it for now. Mabe this weekend i'll go take some more around town and some of the old neighborhoods around the city. As for the pics, it was saterday and sunday when I took them, so uptown was dead.

• 1 month later...

Both are small towns, but I do not think Lexington resembles Asheboro in any way. I am not sure of the population of either, but if I had to guess, I would say that Asheboro is a larger town than Lexington. Lexington has that old southern mill town feel. Asheboro is not really a mill town. I think there is alot of old money in Asheboro. Asheboro is a very clean town. It is the largest town in NC that is dry. No beer, wine or alcohol is sold there. Now the neighboring towns to Asheboro which are Randleman, Franklinville, Seagrove have that old mill town feel. Asheboro would probably take off if they voted in Alcohol sales because of its central location within the state. Randolph county is one of the largest counties in NC.

Both are small towns, but I do not think Lexington resembles Asheboro in any way. I am not sure of the population of either, but if I had to guess, I would say that Asheboro is a larger town than Lexington. Lexington has that old southern mill town feel. Asheboro is not really a mill town. I think there is alot of old money in Asheboro. Asheboro is a very clean town. It is the largest town in NC that is dry. No beer, wine or alcohol is sold there. Now the neighboring towns to Asheboro which are Randleman, Franklinville, Seagrove have that old mill town feel. Asheboro would probably take off if they voted in Alcohol sales because of its central location within the state. Randolph county is one of the largest counties in NC.

Asheboro is larger than Lexington. Lexington pop. is a lil over 20,000 while Asheboro's is around 23,000. From what I've heard, Asheboro's economy is a lil better than ours too. I've never been to central asheboro so I can't really comment on the town, but that pic looks similar to some business on Main st. Mabe some one could give us a photo tour of the area. All of Asheboro I've seen is ethier to the High School, Mall, or zoo. If you guys want more pics of uptown lexington, just tell me and i could post some.

Archived