Channel District Development

streetsweeper

Hey,

Been milling around this site for awhile and figured I'd give everyone a small taste of what's going on in Tampa's Channel District. These photos were taken yesterday, January 7th, 2006. I tried to name them appropriately so that at the least Tampans could get a clear idea of where I was when I took the shots.

I also just realiized that The Grand Central project has been expanded to include an even taller complex called The Martin so I think that might be in some of my shots as well, although it didn't seem to be very far along.

Anyway, enjoy, and I'll update in a month or so.

Channelside from Port Ybor

Channelside Towers from Meridian Street

Grand Central at Kennedy

The Martin at Kennedy and Meridian

Channelside Tower cranes from Meridian

Meridian Street

Meridian Streetlamps

Meridian Lofts

Meridian Street again

Downtown from Meridian St

Meridian to Meridian

From Meridian looking at Victory Lofts

Cranes at The Place

Cranes at the Ventana

Victory Lofts from Channelside and Meridian

Not sure but something at Washington and Channelside

110 North 11th Street offices

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty nice looking. Is channelside an island and is it fairly expensive? Those street lamps are weird looking and they go a little overboard IMHO, but the lofts and soon to be density are attractive.

Pretty nice looking. Is channelside an island and is it fairly expensive? Those street lamps are weird looking and they go a little overboard IMHO, but the lofts and soon to be density are attractive.

Channelside is an older warehouse district just east of our CBD. It's not an island, although in some respects it appears that way (being between the Crosstown expressway and the Port of Tampa). It has the potential to be a real cneterpeice for downtaown Tampa. As far as the Meridian St lights are concerned, I think you'd change your mind if you were to see them in person....IMHO :D

The street lamps on meridian do look weird.. but when you take in the surroundings they're going to fit perfect. if all the construction taking place comes out looking like the plans then they'll fit in to the hip and funky style that channelside is going for. Once channelside is complete it's going to look great. I just wish prices were more affordable so I could live there. Maybe if those Seaboard apartments get build I can afford one of those... if they don't go condo from the get go.

• 8 months later...

Archived