What Fortune 500 Company should the Triangle go after?

Transplant

With RBC and Capital Bank, I think Raleigh could go after more banks and financial institutions looking for an East Coast presence. Since Bank of America and Wachovia "own" Charlotte, West Coast banks like Wells Fargo, Washington Mutual (WaMu), etc. could have a presence here. Regions Bank (with Morgan Keegan) dipped their toe in the water here as well.

If Golden Corral moved their HQ downtown and put a location/protype in the ground floor, they could do well for lunch and dinner while providing a good middle/lower class dining option in the CBD.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't find the old thread about this, so I will start it again. (Unless someone could find it and add this to it?). Anyway I saw in the Triangle Business Journal that The Pantry,(based in Sanford), is making the HQ move to Cary! :)

It's close but no downtown Raleigh!

No downtown anything for that matter. Better make sure to cut down some pristine forests and pave over a good square mile. That'll keep your employees happy.

Golden Corral and upscale are oxymorons although I did see they offering a filet mignon for $9.99 and iceberg lettuce wedge with blue cheese just like the more upscale chain steakhouses (Morton's, Palm, Sullivan's etc.)

I thought the lettuce wedge was a joke the first time I saw it. Sounds like something an anorexic would binge on.

Their filet mignon is probably just a really thin sausage patty served with steak sauce.

• 9 months later...

We've had Fidelity, Credit Suisse, RBC, (maybe Morgan Stanley?) the biotech firms and others locate in the area, but only RBC could make the case as a HQ (being the US HQ). I would think given the recent corporate relocations and Forbes ranking as the #1 area for business, one would think some companies would be taking a long look at this area for future expansions or relocations. Any other ideas or insight on potential moves?

We've had Fidelity, Credit Suisse, RBC, (maybe Morgan Stanley?) the biotech firms and others locate in the area, but only RBC could make the case as a HQ (being the US HQ). I would think given the recent corporate relocations and Forbes ranking as the #1 area for business, one would think some companies would be taking a long look at this area for future expansions or relocations. Any other ideas or insight on potential moves?

Archived