Little Rock Real Estate Deals

There is talk that the Bank of America building has changed hands.

The Bank of America building is the white building in the center.

20051109image00170li.jpg

This is the second office building to change ownership on Capitol Ave. in the past two weeks. The other building was Two Union National Plaza.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know but it is no longer listed in Moses Tucker's project list. It was one of the buildings they offered leases for.

Ah I see. I guess I just thought that Bank of America actually owned it. I was about to ask where they were moving their office to.

Very few of the banks in downtown LR own the buildings that have their names on them.

I know Regions used to be the First Commercial Building and the Bank of America building was the Worthen Building when those were the two largest banks in Arkansas before the national banking buy-ups started. Everyone knows that the Metropolitan National building used to be the TCBY Tower. Little Rock used to be a hell of a banking town.

I know Regions used to be the First Commercial Building and the Bank of America building was the Worthen Building when those were the two largest banks in Arkansas before the national banking buy-ups started. Everyone knows that the Metropolitan National building used to be the TCBY Tower. Little Rock used to be a hell of a banking town.

Don't forget that One Union Plaza was home to Union National Bank. It would be nice to see some of the locals grow and not sell out.

Don't forget that One Union Plaza was home to Union National Bank. It would be nice to see some of the locals grow and not sell out.

Kudos to Metropolitan National and Bank of the Ozarks for that. In fact, B of O is expanding into the DFW region even more than than Regions has. Of course, NWA's Arvest is doing well throughout the state.

That trend was national, unfortunately. I saw where Hibernia, Lousiana's main bank, sold out to Capital One.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Regions Building was sold by Regions Bank to a group of California investors.

Also, does anyone know about this "sports complex" mentioned in Ark Business that's being planned for Highway 10? That was a new one to me.

If it is being built by the City, then it is probably related to the large swath of land that the City purchase from Deltic around 1999/2000.

The Regions Building was sold by Regions Bank to a group of California investors.

Also, does anyone know about this "sports complex" mentioned in Ark Business that's being planned for Highway 10? That was a new one to me.

So it's like soccer fields or a multigym facility?

So it's like soccer fields or a multigym facility?

I have no clue.

NLR's Burns Park has a large baseball/softball center with multiple fields, batting cages, etc and a soccer center near the river that must have at least a dozen fields. They have a tennis center, golf courses and everything else in one spot. However, on the LR side there is no central sports complex - there are baseball fields scattered around town in different neighborhoods, the soccer fields are mostly in Riverdale, public golf courses are at 3 different sites, the tennis center is at War Memorial, etc.

There has been an issue for years that the parks are largely concentrated in the older portions of the city and there are very few parks in west LR and none of the large ones are there. Part of a failed city tax plan for infrastructure improvements a few years ago included money for West LR parks and the city does own some land out there it has plans for.

I guess soccer fields, tennis courts, basketball courts, etc makes more sense. A multi-purpose recreational center would have probably made top news.

This is still a "whisper", so nobody knows what it really is.

What are you talking about exists to a degree at War Memorial Park minus the fields, as there's no land to put them on without getting rid of the stadium/golf course.

Burns Park has everything one could conceivably want a city park/recreation area but it also is one of the 5 largest municipal parks in the country. The LR parks just don't have that kind of land in one place.

• 3 months later...

A land sale mentioned by Arkansas Business today. "An undeveloped 11.3-acre tract along the Arkansas River in east Little Rock rang up a $900,000 sale." One of the sellers of the property is John Harbour. He was the promoter for the undeveloped Lighthouse Point project, which would have been made up of a 206-slip marina, a restaurant, a 95-unit high-end condo/apartment development East of the Clinton Library on the river. Looks like both marina projects for downtown LR/NLR are dead in the water.

A land sale mentioned by Arkansas Business today. "An undeveloped 11.3-acre tract along the Arkansas River in east Little Rock rang up a $900,000 sale." One of the sellers of the property is John Harbour. He was the promoter for the undeveloped Lighthouse Point project, which would have been made up of a 206-slip marina, a restaurant, a 95-unit high-end condo/apartment development East of the Clinton Library on the river. Looks like both marina projects for downtown LR/NLR are dead in the water.

• 2 weeks later...

In the ADG this morning it mentioned the Albert Pike Hotel and another adjacent apartment complex are for sale. The listing firm is Moses Tucker.

I found this interesting. That property is ripe for high-end redevelopment and could be converted easily back to a hotel from its current state as apartments.

Another important development for downtown - a company called Scientific International has purchased the old LR library building at 7th and Louisiana, which has been for sale for a couple of years at least. They are an information technology company that works closely with Entergy and the proximity to Entergy's Arkansas HQs helped them pick the location. They supposedly will create a lot of jobs at that site as well.

Another important development for downtown - a company called Scientific International has purchased the old LR library building at 7th and Louisiana, which has been for sale for a couple of years at least. They are an information technology company that works closely with Entergy and the proximity to Entergy's Arkansas HQs helped them pick the location. They supposedly will create a lot of jobs at that site as well.

Archived