83 Monroe Center - City Flats Hotel

Prankster

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the open house info, GRDad. It was really cool inside!

Wish I had my camera, because it's going to look amazing when it's finished. Skylights and exposed brick give this project a big thumbs-up in my book. The floor plans make sense and the pricing can't be beat for the location. They just have to keep working on getting that rooftop hot tub :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone at Fox Lofts for the tour! Please keep us updated... :)

• 3 weeks later...

I see this project and their salesperson are now affiliated with Mosaic Properties. They've done a lot of nicely designed communities in the Grand Rapids area, the most interesting being the new Celadon New Town project on Knapp @ Leffingwell. I wonder if we'll see Mosaic dive into any urban redevelopment projects in the future?

• 1 month later...

Update from Chris:

Chris Knape's Blog

Sounds like things are still going to happen, but some additional items need to be solved.

"Listing agent Amy Bernhard said the project has four solid reservations and a lot of interest. To move forward the developers wanted to have at least eight."

"He said the project will probably be done in phases, but certain elements will need to be done with an initial investment that cover the whole building -- think elevator, stairs and other code compliance items."

I'm surprised that these condos haven't sold. I always thought that more young professionals would move downtown if they could afford it. It looks like the condos in the Fox Building are proving otherwise.

I am a young professional who would love to live downtown. However, I don't know how long I will end up staying at my current job and who knows if my next job will be in GR? Living downtown would be great, but because I'm not willing to purchase right now I have to settle with renting near downtown. I'm sure other people are in the same type of situation. When I first moved to GR I looked for apartments downtown. I either made too much (subsidized projects) or there was a waiting list. I hope more apartments are proposed downtown in the near future.

I know a lot of 'young professionals' (like myself) have plans to return to school in the near future.. meaning I'll be leaving GR. My wife and I have talked about purchasing, but knowing we'll be leaving in a couple years, we don't want the headache of trying to sell again, especially with the market the way it is right now. Also the 'affordable' range for young professionals maybe needs to be looked at again... we would struggle to purchase any of the projects dubbed 'affordable' downtown

I know a lot of 'young professionals' (like myself) have plans to return to school in the near future.. meaning I'll be leaving GR. My wife and I have talked about purchasing, but knowing we'll be leaving in a couple years, we don't want the headache of trying to sell again, especially with the market the way it is right now. Also the 'affordable' range for young professionals maybe needs to be looked at again... we would struggle to purchase any of the projects dubbed 'affordable' downtown

I can't agree more. With perhaps the Hillmount as an exception, I think that range assumes a household income of around $50k or more for a one bedroom. That has to be on the high range for a 20-something in Grand Rapids.

Wow. If I was still a reporter, this apartment talk here and in the Gallery on Fulton thread would be a story right now.

• 2 months later...

Fox Lofts has a New Website. Please check it out and http://foxlofts.com

Hey Steve, I understand you're the real estate agent for this building (I saw your name on the sign on the door). Have you had any interest from retailers at all? What kind of retail do you hope to lure for this building? That is a prime location, so I hope you guys find something exceptional. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Archived