Prankster

83 Monroe Center - City Flats Hotel

Word is they will start hiring soon for the May opening. I think they are already taking reservations. Can anyone snap a pic of how things are going?

I was just in the building last week and it was still in heavy demolition phase. No pics while I was there.

Are they still planning a May opening?

I would really be surprised. I took this yesterday. It does look like they've started framing, so maybe they're working double time to get it done for May. From the demolition work, it appears as though they are creating a two-story foyer area and blowing out much of the back of the upper floors (which the back of the building is completely closed off and dark).

5511852013_3429ea5c3d_b.jpg

Thanks for the pic Jeff! Now if someone could just get the Kendall Building renovated.

Well the JA Building is now in good hands, and they're going full speed ahead on the old art museum renovation. I guess we should not look a gift horse in the mouth. ;)

I am moving downtown for finishing my graduation thesis; I am looking for affordable apartments in there for 2 girls. I am new in renting apartments so I would like to know what things should be talked to realtor before taking the keys for apartment. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Neo
Included external link deemed as possible spam.

Gosh - I didn't even know this space existed. It really looks like it could be spectacular. I hope by this fact the hotel is doing well?

So great that this space is back in use. Saw it in its old and musty state and it was still beautiful. Can't wait to see what they've done with the place.

Joe

I just saw on a Facebook post that City Flats is expanding into the old Louis Benton space. That's awesome. Wonder if they'll ever expand into the upper floors to add more hotel rooms? I don't think the building is leased up.

More info..

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/grand-rapids-central/2015/02/24/city-flats-hotel-louis-benton/23935677/

More rooms would be incredible!  2 or 3 times a year, my wife and I have a little "staycation" and book a room at City Flats for the evening and have a ball bombing around downtown GR.  Lately it ha been hard to get a room.

You'd think that would be the next step.  I hope they do.  Might as well take over that whole building! 

My brother and his wife love staying there when they are in town, but its been hard getting a room lately.

I just saw on a Facebook post that City Flats is expanding into the old Louis Benton space. That's awesome. Wonder if they'll ever expand into the upper floors to add more hotel rooms? I don't think the building is leased up.

More info..

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/grand-rapids-central/2015/02/24/city-flats-hotel-louis-benton/23935677/

My company has a lot of people come in from other offices and it is hard to get rooms anywhere downtown. Seems like more rooms would not be a bad idea!

Joe

You'd think that would be the next step.  I hope they do.  Might as well take over that whole building! 

My brother and his wife love staying there when they are in town, but its been hard getting a room lately.

It would make a great hotel, 77 Monroe Center would. They could even carve out a little space from Louis Benton and have a second check-in desk.

And that staircase!

635603751506090193-The-Ballroom-Entrance

• Like 1