83 Monroe Center - City Flats Hotel

Prankster

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Word is they will start hiring soon for the May opening. I think they are already taking reservations. Can anyone snap a pic of how things are going?

I was just in the building last week and it was still in heavy demolition phase. No pics while I was there.

Are they still planning a May opening?

I would really be surprised. I took this yesterday. It does look like they've started framing, so maybe they're working double time to get it done for May. From the demolition work, it appears as though they are creating a two-story foyer area and blowing out much of the back of the upper floors (which the back of the building is completely closed off and dark).

5511852013_3429ea5c3d_b.jpg

Thanks for the pic Jeff! Now if someone could just get the Kendall Building renovated.

Well the JA Building is now in good hands, and they're going full speed ahead on the old art museum renovation. I guess we should not look a gift horse in the mouth. ;)

• 1 year later...

I am moving downtown for finishing my graduation thesis; I am looking for affordable apartments in there for 2 girls. I am new in renting apartments so I would like to know what things should be talked to realtor before taking the keys for apartment. Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I just saw on a Facebook post that City Flats is expanding into the old Louis Benton space. That's awesome. Wonder if they'll ever expand into the upper floors to add more hotel rooms? I don't think the building is leased up.

More info..

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/grand-rapids-central/2015/02/24/city-flats-hotel-louis-benton/23935677/

You'd think that would be the next step.  I hope they do.  Might as well take over that whole building! 

My brother and his wife love staying there when they are in town, but its been hard getting a room lately.

I just saw on a Facebook post that City Flats is expanding into the old Louis Benton space. That's awesome. Wonder if they'll ever expand into the upper floors to add more hotel rooms? I don't think the building is leased up.

More info..

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/grand-rapids-central/2015/02/24/city-flats-hotel-louis-benton/23935677/

My company has a lot of people come in from other offices and it is hard to get rooms anywhere downtown. Seems like more rooms would not be a bad idea!

Joe

You'd think that would be the next step.  I hope they do.  Might as well take over that whole building! 

My brother and his wife love staying there when they are in town, but its been hard getting a room lately.

• 6 months later...

Archived