"Career" Switch

NorthCoast

I'm currently in my junior year at GVSU majoring in Secondary Education/Social Studies with a History minor. Recently I've been contemplating about swtiching majors to Urban and Regional Planning with a minor still in History. Partially because I only had chosen education to begin with because its the only really viable thing you can do with a History/Social Studies degree and also with all the news of the bad market, budget restrictions and the all the hoops you have to jump through now a days, I'm just not that excited about it. Not to mention in my final year I would be unable to have a job due to intense requirements, losing 75% of a year's worth of income.

Anyway, I was just hoping some of you out there could give me some straight forward general information about the program, field, and jobs/careers that one can get into with a degree like that.

Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived