Latta Pavillion vacancies

voyager12

Maggie Moos and Palazzo are both gone and the space is up for sale. I honestly don't know how any of those stores survive. My daily jogging route passes the building and its always dead. Hopefully Patou will do well. A little bookstore would be a nice addition or cafe but anything located at LP will have a tough future. The parking is invisible to people not familiar with the area and the traffic does not encourage customers who may miss it to turn around and fight their way back.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maggie Moos and Palazzo are both gone and the space is up for sale. I honestly don't know how any of those stores survive. My daily jogging route passes the building and its always dead. Hopefully Patou will do well. A little bookstore would be a nice addition or cafe but anything located at LP will have a tough future. The parking is invisible to people not familiar with the area and the traffic does not encourage customers who may miss it to turn around and fight their way back.

I'm actually really surprised that Maggie Moos closed. They were very often busy during the warm months when I went by, and of course an ice cream shop is going to have seasonal business.

I'm actually really surprised that Maggie Moos closed. They were very often busy during the warm months when I went by, and of course an ice cream shop is going to have seasonal business.

Actually, my Fiance worked at Maggie Moos during the summer (she's an English Teacher) and the reason the Maggie Moos closed was that the owner owns all of them in Charlotte and moved to Kannapolis I believe it was. It was just too far away to manage all of the stores and keep up with another business he owned too. The one at University is also closed for the season but I highly doubt it will reopen as it was for sale before it closed down for the Winter.

I love Di Fonseca!!! I wish we had more places like that in Charlotte, well there's Civilian @ Birkdale and Phillips Place, and Lotus on Central Ave.....but I heard its not doing well, because not too many people know about European/New York style, they just want to be like everyone else and shop from Gap and American Eagle...

Palazzo failed because of their merchandise. It was all neoclassic stuff that looked like it belonged in the 1980s.

East Blvd retail is fairly healthy. Sloan just doubled in size at Twin Oaks and Step (their shoe store) is moving to a space directy over the clothing store. It will be about a third larger. Maddi's Gallery is doing well, and we all know that the guys at Paper Skyscraper are laughing all the way to the bank.

• 2 weeks later...

I really think there might be something to this. Patou seems to be really struggling. They are almost always empty when I go by. My wife has gone a few times, and they have been the only ones in the place. Today, she went to spent 50 bucks on brunch, and they were closed.

They really need some street parking on that block.

Archived