Midtown Future

allens4245

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there needs to be a huge infill between the towers for the condos to be successful. Currently there isn't a whole lot to walk to between the towers so why would someone invest that kind of money? More mid-price restaurants, cafes and shops need to fill in. I really miss what Savannah has to offer in terms of walkable areas with tons of restaurant and shopping choices. Thats what makes living downtown worth living downtown. At the moment its closer to a suburb because you still have to drive every where.

We've considered buying a condo for investment, but with the number of condos that are available and are still being built, we've reconsidered. A condo for residing in may be a good investment if you plan to stay in it for a few years.

I disagree about the number of restaurants in Midtown, though. There are tons within walking distance (we almost never drive to eat), and I wish some other types of businesses would come in. Every time I turn around, there's a permit up for a restaurant being built. Some not-pricey furniture or clothing stores would be nice, but going up to Atlantic Station will have to do for now.

I disagree about the number of restaurants in Midtown, though. There are tons within walking distance (we almost never drive to eat), and I wish some other types of businesses would come in. Every time I turn around, there's a permit up for a restaurant being built. Some not-pricey furniture or clothing stores would be nice, but going up to Atlantic Station will have to do for now.

Well I'm right out of college so I'm looking for more mid priced restaurants and cafes. I want more places to have sidewalk seating and some non-starbucks loungy coffee shops. I think these things get more people walking around.

Well I'm right out of college so I'm looking for more mid priced restaurants and cafes. I want more places to have sidewalk seating and some non-starbucks loungy coffee shops. I think these things get more people walking around.

We're really not big spenders, either--a good number of restaurants in Midtown have that the-more-expensive-the-entree-the-smaller-the-dish thing going on. I love to cook, so I'd rather splurge on good food and wine at home.

The area around Tech Square has inexpensive places, as does Midtown Promenade. Creative Loafing does a half-price gift certificate program for a number of intown restaurants (creativeloafingeats.com), and restaurant.com does a similar thing. Hope that helps you a bit.

Archived