Louisiana Cuisine

Mith242

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had to insult a homeless guy, but he started it. He said my food (a very tasty McGriddle) looked nasty, so I told him HE was nasty and to shut his filthy trap. I'm not proud of that, but I'm still pissed, so... yeah.

Wow Dan, that does sound great! Was it a special occasion or something??

Last Saturday night I was at Pearl Street Pasta in Natchez MS for our 5th anniversary. I had Cajun shrimp pasta in some thick sauce, it was really good. And some of what my wife did not finish. However I was missing the Pepcid at 2:00a.m. <_<

Wish I could have seen that Brian.

Thanks for asking Tom. :thumbsup: We had a nice time in Natchez. And thanks for the advice for the B-n-B too. Yes I got some pics, :camera: and when I get the chance I will post them in the Missisippi forum. Imageshack just switched a few things around, and makes it more a pain-n-the butt. I just figured out how to post, but it takes longer to do now. <_<

Your a good guy Brian.

Sounds great, Uptown!

We had quite a feast yesterday, with BBQ chicken, burgers, hotdogs, potatoes, sausage, and chocolate chip cookies. I ate till I couldn't move anymore...what better way to celebrate America! :lol:

• 1 month later...

While in New Orleans earlier this week, I was able to get over to Galatoire's for dinner. Excellent as always! I also went to dinner at Vincent's up near Carrollton. I hadn't been there before and it was a nice surprise. The restaurant used to be Compagno's, but the owners of Vincent's in Metairie have taken it over. It's not much to look at, but the food is really very good. We finished our repast by stopping at the Camellia Grill for orange freezes. It's great to see it back to form. Of course, I had to visit the Cafe du Monde for beignets and cafe au lait. I'll have to plan another trip soo for more great dining..,

• 2 months later...

Dixie Brewing Company

The Dixie Brewing Company, makers of Dixie and Blackened Voodoo beer, among others, is struggling to return in the wake of Katrina. The owners have contracted with a brewery in Wisconsin to produce a limited amout of beer until the brewery on Tulane Avenue is retored. The vision for the old brewery is not dissimilar to the Jackson Brewery on Jackson Square. Unlike the latter, however, the Dixie brewery would be a working brewery as well as a potential tourist attraction. To tell the truth, the taste of plain ol' Dixie never did too much for me (waiting foir a rain of brickbats here), but I do like the Blackened Voodoo. As the article notes, once shelf space is gone, it's very difficult to regain it- especially with the chain stores. Any thoiughts on the possible success of this venture?

WLOX Channel 13 News -Biloxi

• 3 months later...

Anyone here ever eaten at Mona's in New Orleans? It's a Greek & Lebanese restaurant and they have 4 locations in that area. I ate at their first Shreveport location today and LOVED it. We needed more competition. A couple years ago we had 2 Greek restaurants... Yeero Yeero and Athenian Delights. Well, Athenian Delights didn't do well at dinner because it was surrounded by great restaurants on our restaurant row along Line Avenue. They had a mysterious fire and closed permanently afterward. And Yeero Yeero is not my favorite place, for many reasons.

Now we have Yeero Yeero and Greek Corner, which are both owned by the same people, and now Mona's and there is another place called Albasha under construction now. Hopefully all these places will do well, because I L-O-V-E Greek food!!

Mona's rocks! I hope they stick around Shreveport.

Archived