Roanoke Off-Topic

rusthebuss

Vdogg when do you think it would be a good time to dedicate one for Roanoke? I think we have enough people here to support it? What do you think? :whistling:

While there has been a significant uptick in activity from the Roanoke quadrant I don't know if there are enough

daily posters to make this feasible yet. Trust me, I have been watching closely and in time I think we'll get there. I'm just not sure that time has come yet.

I would say in at least 6 months from now, check back with the posters representing southwest Virginia/north central NC border counties (including the Triad too) and southwest West Virginia. The reality of a Roanoke forum is just around the corner but right now, its pre-mature at this point for a Roanoke Forum right now.

Please note: I said this on January 9th, 2005. Ugh, i turn 22 tomorrow, is there anything to look forward to tomorrow? (me on a tangent)

I've been bugging a couple people I know to sign up. I'll keep on them. One works for the city in the Housing and Neighborhood Services department and the other works for HSMM the large local architectural and engineering firm.

Keep on them dude. I would really like to see a nice turn out for this area of the state.

I've been bugging a couple people I know to sign up. I'll keep on them. One works for the city in the Housing and Neighborhood Services department and the other works for HSMM the large local architectural and engineering firm.

That's definately a good start. As I said, the Roanoke contingent is already growing so it's only a matter of time. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

That's definately a good start. As I said, the Roanoke contingent is already growing so it's only a matter of time. :thumbsup:

With the sudden topic creation regarding Roanoke at the top of the VA forum, this may be the right time to create a new Roanoke forum. This is similar to how the Asheville forum was started by bodragons posts relating to the greater Asheville area.

If this were to happen, i would label it as Roanoke and then serve the areas of the New River Valley, Southside and the Virginia Piedmont (aka Lynchburg). Thats just my idea, does anyone have a better idea?

Edited by Jerseyman4

With the sudden topic creation regarding Roanoke at the top of the VA forum, this may be the right time to create a new Roanoke forum. This is similar to how the Asheville forum was started by bodragons posts relating to the greater Asheville area.

If this were to happen, i would label it as Roanoke and then serve the areas of the New River Valley, Southside and the Virginia Piedmont (aka Lynchburg). Thats just my idea, does anyone have a better idea?

This has been a very recent uptick in activity, not a prolonged increase in posting. That being said, i'll discuss it with the other mods and see if they think one is feasible yet. :thumbsup:

Post anything here that is not on topic which would be construction, projects, etc. You could post here if you wanted to request a posting moved, thread moved, or anything. You could even post here, what a cloudy day.. anything really that does not pertain to construction, etc. Here is Hampton Roads off-topic thread so you can get a feel for it.