Roanoke Off-Topic

rusthebuss

Why were Danville and Lynchburg threads included in the Roanoke Forum?

IMO, keeping them separate, in the Virginia Forum as "stickies" would work well....

I am not from the area and thought there were close by... if not I can put them back. I probably should have checked first.

After putting some more serious thought, heres my final draft:

Southwest Virginia OR Roanoke/Lynchburg/Danville/Wytheville

Serving the Shenadoah Valley, Southside, New River Valley and the Greenbriar

comments/new ideas? Im not from SW VA but this is the best i could come up with!

I like this idea. Due to space limitations I think that we should stick with just the first part though.

"Southwest Virginia OR Roanoke/Lynchburg/Danville/Wytheville" Perhaps dropping the southwest VA part and just going with "Roanoke/Lynchburg/Danville/Wytheville" for now. It can be updated later if need be.

I like this idea. Due to space limitations I think that we should stick with just the first part though.

"Southwest Virginia OR Roanoke/Lynchburg/Danville/Wytheville" Perhaps dropping the southwest VA part and just going with "Roanoke/Lynchburg/Danville/Wytheville" for now. It can be updated later if need be.

Ok, strike that. Maybe i should've read the whole thread. If Danville and Lynchburg are indeed so far away, then we should probably not include them in the description.

i vote for Roanoke/Lynchburg/Danville/Wytheville

Right, but I have people now saying that Lynchburg and Danville should not be included in the Roanoke sub due to distance. If thats the case then they would probably need to be dropped from that description.

Right, but I have people now saying that Lynchburg and Danville should not be included in the Roanoke sub due to distance. If thats the case then they would probably need to be dropped from that description.

I have no problem with Danville and Lynchburg onto the Virginia general forum :)

:lol: ok, that's a lot of county's, so maybe we should try something else. I have found 2 nicknames for Roanoke.

nickname 1: "Star City of the south"

"The Roanoke Star

At 8:22 p.m. on November 23, 1949, a chilly Thanksgiving Eve, Roanoke Mayor, A.R. Minton, threw a switch and illuminated the Roanoke Star for the first time. It was over 50 years ago Roanoke earned the nickname, "Star City of the South," and the star has been a part of the landscape of Mill Mountain ever since."

or

nickname 2: "The magic city"

"As the N&W brought people and jobs, the Town of Roanoke quickly became an independent city in 1884. In fact, Roanoke became a city so quickly that it earned the nickname "Magic City.""

Which would you guys prefer?

well the cities/villages are the ones without the word county behind them...um either sounds good, but star city of the south sounds better

Cool, that's what I was thinking. We'll go ahead and try it and if people don't like it/ have objections we could always change it later. It does have a certain ring to it though. :)