Roanoke Off-Topic

rusthebuss

Steven, I dont know if your still looking for somewhere to live in Roanoke, but there is some apartments for rent on jefferson between campbell and church, and the are called the church and jefferson suites. They have floor plans in the windows if you want to take a look, they are facing the Uneeda Biscuit sign.

Steven, I dont know if your still looking for somewhere to live in Roanoke, but there is some apartments for rent on jefferson between campbell and church, and the are called the church and jefferson suites. They have floor plans in the windows if you want to take a look, they are facing the Uneeda Biscuit sign.
Funny you should mention those. I helped design those a few years ago. :)

I wouldn't mind living there, but it might be a little steep.

Roanoke is pretty lucky when it comes to weather. Its summer temps are 5 degrees cooler than Richmond, but the winter temps are the same, even though Roanoke gets way more snow than Richmond. And of course on hot days, the surrounding mountains can be 10 degrees cooler than in the valley, so when its 90 in Richmond, its probably 75 in Bottom Creek gorge (one of my favorite hiking spots).

Today some of Downtown was closed off due to heavy weather, the Valley Metro bus garage got flooded and we had to transfer at Roanoke Civic Center.

In other news, I got my ticket to the All-Star Game being held tommarrow at Lewis-Gale Medical Field at Salem Memorial Baseball Stadium.

DSCF7476.jpg

Old Spice's USA's most sweatiest cities

36th - Richmond

42nd - Norfolk

44th - VA Beach

63rd - Roanoke

I think I skew Richmond's results... I rain when I get hot. In the winter I snow.

Have the waters gone down yet or is it still surf city? They had Salem on the Weather Channel last night and they called it a town.

Salem being a town? Salem has I believe 25,000 people in it, but hey some parts do feel like a town. The city bus had to make a couple detours and I saw a few people get soaked in water when the bus went pass, and the police marked off a couple roads but at about 2:00, right when the All-Star Game festivites started it wasnt raining anymore :) but only 5,000+ came because of the rain in a 6,300 seat stadium :(

Steven, whats with your blog...

and I stopped by VS today, and the whole eastend is destroyed!

Edited by weill