Barber group to build tallest building in NWA....

razorbackfan

Welcome to the Forum.

If you don't mind me asking... what's your source for this information? My sources are updated as of June 2005 and there's nothing newer on the web.

I've recieved an e-mail from John George about 3 months ago backing up nj829's info. I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I have some pretty good sources within the Hammons organization, being as I work for them! The tower should be done by mid 2007, and is still going to be 152 suites. Not much else I can say at this point, but there should be a ground breaking in the next 2 months if all goes as planned.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I have some pretty good sources within the Hammons organization, being as I work for them! The tower should be done by mid 2007, and is still going to be 152 suites. Not much else I can say at this point, but there should be a ground breaking in the next 2 months if all goes as planned.

I wasn't questioning the accuracy of your information. It's just the media seems to be about 6 months behind any development news around here. It's great to have someone here who actually works for one of the biggest developers in NWA.

It seems all the major developments keep getting pushed back for later completion dates. Is the Hammons Center going to still open in Spring 2006? And is it even still going to be called the Hammons Center instead of the John Q. Hammons Convention Center?

Well, it's great to have someone who's within the Hammons Organization here.

I posted this info over in the Fayetteville topic but thought it might be useful here too. The Barber Group might want to hurry up and get all their plans for their office buildings in northern Fayetteville. The Planning Comission has now officially set limits on building heights in downtown Fayetteville. But talk is that they're considering setting limits in the rest of Fayetteville as well. More info is located in the Fayetteville topic.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...ic=12512&st=360

The name is more than likely going to be John Q Hammons Center for the entire complex, but convention still might get put in. Expected completion date is mid-end June 2006. Also, I didn't take anything personal about sources, I actually assumed someone would want to know my sources since it was my first posting on the board. Prior to Hot Springs, the area I was in was similar to NW Arkansas in that there was all this planned construction, and then boom here it comes, so I am just as excited as you guys to see how this entire market is developing. There really aren't much for inside scoops on the JQH front at this point, as he has announced all the local plans that he is looking at.

I posted this info over in the Fayetteville topic but thought it might be useful here too. The Barber Group might want to hurry up and get all their plans for their office buildings in northern Fayetteville. The Planning Comission has now officially set limits on building heights in downtown Fayetteville. But talk is that they're considering setting limits in the rest of Fayetteville as well. More info is located in the Fayetteville topic.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...ic=12512&st=360

A little birdie told me today that The Barber Group may have bitten off more than they can chew with the planned mixed use hotel/office complex, etc., and their financing may be in limbo.

I think the financing of this next project may hinge on the final outcome, construction and sales of the Legacy Building. Hopefully Barber pulls it off at the Legacy building.

(Those little birdies talk a lot lately)

A little birdie told me today that The Barber Group may have bitten off more than they can chew with the planned mixed use hotel/office complex, etc., and their financing may be in limbo.

I think the financing of this next project may hinge on the final outcome, construction and sales of the Legacy Building. Hopefully Barber pulls it off at the Legacy building.

(Those little birdies talk a lot lately)

I admit I was wondering a bit about where they were getting all this money to start these types of developments. I've seen some land with the Barber Group signs on them. I don't think they're anything big, probably housing but I've noticed they've been setting there for quite a while. I was wondering if they were waiting for something or if they're perhaps waiting to get some more money in from some of the projects they're working on already.

I admit I was wondering a bit about where they were getting all this money to start these types of developments. I've seen some land with the Barber Group signs on them. I don't think they're anything big, probably housing but I've noticed they've been setting there for quite a while. I was wondering if they were waiting for something or if they're perhaps waiting to get some more money in from some of the projects they're working on already.

I'm told that the lead guy in Barber Group is 28. He'll either be worth millions in ten years, or hopelessly broke.

I know a large part of his financing is backed by his inlaws, but the bank will want to see results before laying out the rest of the cheese.

Now I'm just gossipping. Oh well, just passing along what I know.

I do admire his vision, I just hope its not all hype without substance.

I'm told that the lead guy in Barber Group is 28. He'll either be worth millions in ten years, or hopelessly broke.

I know a large part of his financing is backed by his inlaws, but the bank will want to see results before laying out the rest of the cheese.

Now I'm just gossipping. Oh well, just passing along what I know.

I do admire his vision, I just hope its not all hype without substance.

Me too. Hopefully once he gets things rolling everything will start happening.

Reminds me of "Coin" Harvey and his vision of Monte Ne. He also went broke before his vision could fully materialize.

Actually, since I saw the exhibit at the Rogers Historical Museum. Even before he came to Arkansas a couple of his other 'projects' in Colorado and then Utah were plagued with financial problems. That and he was a bit of a freak. :lol:

Brandon Barber's wife's name is Keri Barber (maiden name is Chambers). The president and CEO of Chambers Bank is John Ed Chambers III (Keri's father).

Chambers Bank celebrated 75 year anniversary in 2005. They started as the bank of Danville.

Also, Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys is linked to the family as well through marriage.

Brandon Barber's wife's name is Keri Barber (maiden name is Chambers). The president and CEO of Chambers Bank is John Ed Chambers III (Keri's father).

Chambers Bank celebrated 75 year anniversary in 2005. They started as the bank of Danville.

Also, Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys is linked to the family as well through marriage.

Interesting, thanks for the info das450. :D

Seth Kohnly Kaffka's wife's name is Laura Patricia Chambers. The president and CEO of Chambers Bank is John Ed Chambers III (Laura's father).

Seth Kaffka is President of Barber Group. Brandon Barber, CEO of Barber Group, was a groomsman at Seth and Laura's wedding.

Jessica, Jordan and Caroline Jones of Dallas, cousins of the bride, also took part in the wedding.

What I want to know is are there any more single Chambers girls?

Seth Kohnly Kaffka's wife's name is Laura Patricia Chambers. The president and CEO of Chambers Bank is John Ed Chambers III (Laura's father).

Seth Kaffka is President of Barber Group. Brandon Barber, CEO of Barber Group, was a groomsman at Seth and Laura's wedding.

Jessica, Jordan and Caroline Jones of Dallas, cousins of the bride, also took part in the wedding.

:lol:

:rofl:

In the NWA Times today...

A proposed mixed-use development could have people looking skyward while in north Fayetteville.

Bellafont is a concept devised by The Barber Group for property off Joyce Boulevard, between the new six-story Lindsey and Associates office building and the U.S. Post Office.

Information hasn

It does seem odd to talk about a lot of condos in that area of the city. That area isn't far away from the new retail and restaurants going up just south of the mall. I imagine that could be some of the emphasis of building some condos in that area of the city. But it sounds like to me that the Barber Group seems really focused on trying to really develop that area. For better or worse it seems like Fayetteville is eventually developing two areas for retail and restaurants, one downtown and one in the north part of the city. Either way I hope all of this is true because I'd like to see some condo developments pop up outside the downtown area.

It does seem odd to talk about a lot of condos in that area of the city. That area isn't far away from the new retail and restaurants going up just south of the mall. I imagine that could be some of the emphasis of building some condos in that area of the city. But it sounds like to me that the Barber Group seems really focused on trying to really develop that area. For better or worse it seems like Fayetteville is eventually developing two areas for retail and restaurants, one downtown and one in the north part of the city. Either way I hope all of this is true because I'd like to see some condo developments pop up outside the downtown area.

I'd like to see it as much as anybody.

The question I keep sticking on is:

Who's going to want to live there?

Downtown and Dickson and the area around the U of A I understand. There are pedestrian friendly activities, and a bit of cache with a Dickson Street address. Its hip, its cool. There are alumni and college students with rich parents and a few urban hipsters to take those.

NE Fayetteville I have a harder time with, simply because a condo with HOA dues isn't cheap, and typically new high rise condos are sold on their proximity to ammenities, manmade or natural.

I could be wrong, and there could be a lot of pent up demand of people who want to live closer to the mall.

I'm scratching my head on this one.

(and that article is straight out of one of those "buy-an-ad" real estate rags, because there's nothing "news" about what he said)

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. As much as many people like the downtown area I do think there are those who would prefer the mall area of the city. I know, blasphemy to probably everyone here on the forum, but it's true there is that element out there. :lol: But yeah it does look like it could just be trying to get some hype up for the project.

Archived