Barber group to build tallest building in NWA....

razorbackfan

I can find a website for the Barber Group. There was one listed on the bac of this month's issue of the arkansas Alumni magazine, but its a dead link.

The article announcing the project made it sound like Barber was being relatively tight lipped about the project in order that their announcement will have a great impact.

Once projects like this are announcned, there's a lot of hype necessary to build buzz and get people interested in relocating offices there.

Yeah I think they only have their Legacy Building website going. A while back ago it was a dead site as well. I'm hoping they'll eventually have a seperate website. I'd like to hear more even about their smaller developments like the Springs Street Lofts.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think they only have their Legacy Building website going. A while back ago it was a dead site as well. I'm hoping they'll eventually have a seperate website. I'd like to hear more even about their smaller developments like the Springs Street Lofts.

I also want to hear about their massive projects in Benton County and Fayetteville.

While I've been walking around some of the older areas of Fayetteville I've been somewhat surprised just how many old houses have been converted into office space, in particular law offices. I'm glad these old houses have been restored to a certain degree. But I'd rather have some office buildings and move some of these offices and allow some of these nice homes to be converted back into liveable homes. It would also bring more people living in some of these downtown areas. I've been surprised at some of the ratios between offices and homes a few of these streets have.

While I've been walking around some of the older areas of Fayetteville I've been somewhat surprised just how many old houses have been converted into office space, in particular law offices. I'm glad these old houses have been restored to a certain degree. But I'd rather have some office buildings and move some of these offices and allow some of these nice homes to be converted back into liveable homes. It would also bring more people living in some of these downtown areas. I've been surprised at some of the ratios between offices and homes a few of these streets have.

I agree.

While it's nice to see old homes converted to office space, I'd rather see these business's go more towards downtown in office towers. Plus these homes should be restored back to their original funciton as being a home.

I agree.

While it's nice to see old homes converted to office space, I'd rather see these business's go more towards downtown in office towers. Plus these homes should be restored back to their original funciton as being a home.

Yeah although if converting any og these homes into offices help save them then that's great to hear. But I would like to see them turned back into homes at some point.

After looking at Pinnacle's Web Cam, I noticed some serious dirt work was taking place south of the Embassy Suites, which is land not owned by Pinnacle, but I think the Barber Group. May'be preliminary work has started on a 20+ condo/hotel tower.

That would be great to hear. Even better if they'd have a better website letting us know at least on a few more projects what's going on. I can understand keeping some of them a bit quiet. But you'd think they could at least be a little more open about some of the others.

That would be great to hear. Even better if they'd have a better website letting us know at least on a few more projects what's going on. I can understand keeping some of them a bit quiet. But you'd think they could at least be a little more open about some of the others.

They were updating for a while, and then they just quit. At least it's better than Pleasant Crossing's, they haven't updated that site for 6 months.

After looking at Pinnacle's Web Cam, I noticed some serious dirt work was taking place south of the Embassy Suites, which is land not owned by Pinnacle, but I think the Barber Group. May'be preliminary work has started on a 20+ condo/hotel tower.

I think it's going to require a little espionage to know what's going on over there. If I can get close enough to the construction crew's trailer they sometimes have a plan posted on the outside. If I'm not back online it's because I failed my mission and have been imprisoned. This tape will self-destruct in 5 seconds. :lol:

I think it's going to require a little espionage to know what's going on over there. If I can get close enough to the construction crew's trailer they sometimes have a plan posted on the outside. If I'm not back online it's because I failed my mission and have been imprisoned. This tape will self-destruct in 5 seconds. :lol:

:lol: Good luck!

Right on Brother. :thumbsup:

Hey das,

From what I understand Proctor and Gamble will be building a new high-rise office on Joyce in the near future. The Barber project is on the corner of Vantage and Joyce. Next to the Post office. I am not sure if they will be one in the same or not. Barber has a 10 story office tower and 2 14-story condo towers planned. The zoning change from C-2 to C-3 was supposed to go through City Council tonight. I have my fingers crossed that it will go through smoothly and not be denied or postponed.

Well the mission went through without a hitch. But other than dirt and a couple vehicles parked on the site there's no indication what it will be. But I think I figured it out. It's phase 2 to Embassy Suites. There's access from the Embassy Suites parking lot and there's also this CLUE. Scroll down to Convention Center On Horizon For Northwest Arkansas.

Well the mission went through without a hitch. But other than dirt and a couple vehicles parked on the site there's no indication what it will be. But I think I figured it out. It's phase 2 to Embassy Suites. There's access from the Embassy Suites parking lot and there's also this CLUE. Scroll down to Convention Center On Horizon For Northwest Arkansas.

That's right the Embassy Suites expansion is going on there. I feel like an idiot, I should have known that. Was there any red dirt south of Perry Road there?

That's right the Embassy Suites expansion is going on there. I feel like an idiot, I should have known that. Was there any red dirt south of Perry Road there?

Don't be too hard on yourself just yet. The only problem with them Embassy Suites building on the south side of the Hotel is that the plans for the second tower are for the north side of the Convention Center. There is a lot of ground turned up on that side of the Convention Center and it's too big for a parking lot. So that still leaves the question of what's being built on the south side of Embassy Suites? I'll follow-up when they get a construction crew out there.

Nothing happening on the south side of Perry Road. Still just grass and some trees. But there is a large sign for a church on the south side of Perry Road where it meets Champions Drive. I didn't catch the name of the church.

Don't be too hard on yourself just yet. The only problem with them Embassy Suites building on the south side of the Hotel is that the plans for the second tower are for the north side of the Convention Center. There is a lot of ground turned up on that side of the Convention Center and it's too big for a parking lot. So that still leaves the question of what's being built on the south side of Embassy Suites? I'll follow-up when they get a construction crew out there.

Nothing happening on the south side of Perry Road. Still just grass and some trees. But there is a large sign for a church on the south side of Perry Road where it meets Champions Drive. I didn't catch the name of the church.

I think that's going to be the Church at Pinnacle Hills/Point. I think that's the church that the large First Baptist in Springdale spun off. Sorry can't think of a better way to say it at the moment.

I think that's going to be the Church at Pinnacle Hills/Point. I think that's the church that the large First Baptist in Springdale spun off. Sorry can't think of a better way to say it at the moment.

The new Church at Pinnacle Hills has been under construction for a while now and is a little ways further up Pinnacle Hills Parkway. The sign is for a different church but I can't remember which one.

The new Church at Pinnacle Hills has been under construction for a while now and is a little ways further up Pinnacle Hills Parkway. The sign is for a different church but I can't remember which one.

I see, I should have known better since you're probably more familiar with that area than me. :lol:

Are you sure the Embassy Suites is going to be split up?

Because I know they were going to build the Marriott there a while ago, and I figured that the Expansion would be right next to the current Embassy Suites. In fact, I emailed John George (Marketing Director for Pinnacle) a while back, and he said that the lot on the north side of the convention center is suppose to be designated as future parking.

The expansion will be on the south side of the Embassy, with extra parking around the convention center, as part of the south lot at the Embassy will be dug up as well for the expansion. You should see more in the upcoming few weeks in terms of the actual building beginning.

The expansion will be on the south side of the Embassy, with extra parking around the convention center, as part of the south lot at the Embassy will be dug up as well for the expansion. You should see more in the upcoming few weeks in terms of the actual building beginning.

Thanks for the info. I welcomed you to the Arkansas forum in one of your other topics you posted. But I'll go ahead and welcome you to the Northwest Arkansas subforum as well. :D

Ah, I knew I was right.

Thanks nj829 welcome to Urban Planet from one Rogers resident to another!! We're glad that you found us here.

Are you sure the Embassy Suites is going to be split up?

Because I know they were going to build the Marriott there a while ago, and I figured that the Expansion would be right next to the current Embassy Suites. In fact, I emailed John George (Marketing Director for Pinnacle) a while back, and he said that the lot on the north side of the convention center is suppose to be designated as future parking.

John Q. Hammons decided not to build a Marriott Hotel due to so many "mini" Marriotts already present in NWA. He instead is going to expand Embassy Suites to be the largest All-Suite Hotel in Arkansas. Here's a few sources of my information. Note how both articles say the new hotel tower will be adjacent to the Hammons Center. There are a dozen other articles on the web saying the exact same thing.

Adding a 152-suite Tower to the Embassy Suites in Rogers

HAMMONS TO DEVELOP CONVENTION CENTER

Welcome to the Forum.

If you don't mind me asking... what's your source for this information? My sources are updated as of June 2005 and there's nothing newer on the web.

Archived