Latin Americans in the USA

Ruso

Currently, the massive emigration of latin americans into the USA has undeniably influenced many of the southern cities culture. In miami, for instance, you can live by only speaking spanish. When I went to Austin, I did not have to speak much english at all. What do you think about that? :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The U.S may eventually become like Switzerland.. where 45% speak French, 45% speak German, and the other 10% speak Romansk. (A Roman language with influences from French, Italian, and German).

There is also a chunk of northern Italy where the main language is German. The city of Bozano in northern Italy (Bozen in German) is about 50% Italian and 50% German. The rural areas surrounding Bozen are German speaking... and are much closer in culture to Austria than to Italy.

i have one friend from a little west of Bozen that speaks Romansk natively, German with friends, Italian with customers, and watches movies in English. She's a genius.

Anyway, yeah.

Very true Latin Americans are moving to the USA at a very rapid pace especially in the past 5 years or so and to a larger variety of places instead of just the traditional gateways and border states. Alaska especially Anchorage in recent years has seen a healthy influx of immigrants from Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Colombia and Peru. Its quite stunning to see so many dominicanos moving to Alaska. In Hawaii the brasileiro community is growing at a fairly rapid pace especially in Honolulu and so are the Mexicano communities and to a lesser extent the peruano, colombiano, guatmalteco, paname

• 4 weeks later...

I like the influx of Latinos into my Atlanta. Yo hablo los dos linguajes y prefiero que todos los ustados unidos llegar a ser bilingue.

To me it's like the Native American blood lines are returning home. Georgia's native populations, Cherokee & Muskogee were killed of or 'removed'. Those groups now live in other places, for the most part. To be a part of one of those tribes you only need to be something like 1/16.

Some of our schools already have populations where 70% speak spanish as their first language.

• 7 months later...

It's possible to get by in Miami without Spanish but if you want a decent job, you really need to be bilingual. I lived there for ten years after moving from Connecticut where I was born. I'm now in Buenos Aires, Argentina and will return to the States next year, but to the Chapel Hill section of NC, where I've heard recently that there is also a big influx of Mexicans now.

I don't want to lose my Spanish. I see it as a plus being able to communicate in another language. The only problem I ever had with Miami was the difficulty in getting a job if you didn't speak it fluently. Actually my husband (who's French) and I plan to send our daughter to a bilingual Spanish/English school in a few years when she's ready to attend school, and she will learn French at home.

If you have the opportunity to learn Spanish or any language aside from your own it will enrichen your life.

Si quiere aprender espanol con un accento puro estudia en Guatemala o Mexico. El Espanol en Argentina tiene un accento muy differente por que es una mezcla de Espanol, Italiano, y otras lenguas.

If you want to learn Spanish with the purest language study in Guatemala or Mexico. Argentine Spanish has an accnt that is very different because of the mixtures of Spanish, Italian and other languages.

Suerte

• 1 month later...

Archived