Unknown, underappreciated restaurants

eagle

I'm a huge fan of breakfast food. I could eat it 24/7. I'm not sure if these count, but these are my favorite breakfast restaurants:

Brandywine & Red Geranium

At Brandywine, the Eggs Timothy is friggin' awesome. If you don't eat meat, the Veggie Benedict is great.

If you go to the Red Geranium, make sure you get the sugar bread as your choice of toast.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jukebox Joe's in Cheshire Village opened where the Cheshire Restaurant used to be, next to sweetland candies. The whole place has a 1950s theme, and you can get phosphates and stuff like that.

Jukebox Joes just closed on Saturday. The Cheshire Restaurant moved to the building behind Joes and always seem to be busy during mealtime. They have good shakes but their food is nothing special.

anyone know more about jamaican daves??? Im thinking about going there but am curious about foods and prices?

I ate lunch there yesterday, what do you want to know? Good food, slightly limited menu, they even have goat on the menu. Some vegetarian friends I brought there found something to eat.

When you go get extra johnny cakes. I think they actually call them Celebration cakes. It is a wonderful tasty treat of flour, cornmeal, and spices lightly fried so it looks similar to a donut. I'm hungry just thinking about them.

My jerk chicken, which comes with a ton of rice, plantains, and a celebration cake with a ginger beer came to $8.25.

Bring a ten spot and you're good to go.

Archived