GTECH Being Sold (official)

basachs

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as the maintain their HQs and workforce in PVD, I don't think it's a bad thing. Should their new parent decide that Rhode Island is not the best climate for their business, then we have a problem.

If you notice in the article that PROJO just posted, it appears that even though Lottomattica is the purchaser, and GTECH will be a subsidiary, the CEO and CFO of GTECH are becoming the CEO and CFO of Lottomatica, so essentially, GTECH is still, in some weird way, in control....

If you notice in the article that PROJO just posted, it appears that even though Lottomattica is the purchaser, and GTECH will be a subsidiary, the CEO and CFO of GTECH are becoming the CEO and CFO of Lottomatica, so essentially, GTECH is still, in some weird way, in control....

that's kind of a bizarre deal they got there.

It almost sounds like GTECH will in effect run Lottomatica. Which I guess makes somesort of sense, since being the worlds largest proucer of lottery/gaming equipment, one would assume that GTECH is considerably larger than Lottomatica.

I'm just glad they weren't sold to Harrah's and we won't have to see a Harrah's logo in the GTECH tower. :sick:

Arlene Violet on WPRO had an interview with some guy today.. I think he was affiliated with GTECH.

Anyways.. this deal was called 'very rare and unique' because it was a cash purchase and the GTECH management was basically not affected.. which will only make GTECH grow. Also, I can't think of the exact wording... but during the meeting with the Milan company... Providence and R.I. seemed to not be affected negatively at all. Basically we should just view this as Gtech acquiring this company instead of the other way around.

it appears they will stay put in RI/PVD (for now). I don't like the fact that ownership (of yet another US company) went oversees...

Maybe this will boost PVD-Italy air traffic demand?

yes, through Logan. Just like Toray to Japan.

Mark

yes, through Logan. Just like Toray to Japan.

Mark

That makes little sense since you have to connect to both Rome and Japan from BOS just as PVD does. Milan is the exception, as BOS has the 1 nonstop flight 6 days a week.

From PVD, you can hop down to Newark, Philly, or Dulles and be in Rome. A stop in Detroit, O'Hare, or Minny will easily get you to Japan

That makes little sense since you have to connect to both Rome and Japan from BOS just as PVD does. Milan is the exception, as BOS has the 1 nonstop flight 6 days a week.

From PVD, you can hop down to Newark, Philly, or Dulles and be in Rome. A stop in Detroit, O'Hare, or Minny will easily get you to Japan

More choices of flights and sometimes lower fares. I think Air Italia has n/s seasonal service to Rome from Logan.

Believe me I hope I am wrong. But, our location close to an international airport hurts out foreign traffic. You could also use Air Canada for service, but they are now down to one flight a day this winter.

Mark

More choices of flights and sometimes lower fares. I think Air Italia has n/s seasonal service to Rome from Logan.

Believe me I hope I am wrong. But, our location close to an international airport hurts out foreign traffic. You could also use Air Canada for service, but they are now down to one flight a day this winter.

Mark

I saw that too. The second flight came back this past week - seems it was only gone for 3 weeks. While I completely agree with the situation you presented regarding Logan and international traffic, believe me when I say that things like the G-Tech situation will provide a small increase in PVD-Italy traffic as some of the business travel will avoid BOS regardless of fare. The thing about internatinal traffic is unless you have a nonstop, there isn't much more choice from anywhere - it's connect in NYC or WASH, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived