Travelers Rest Eateries

GSP Tiger

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if you don't count (among others) McDonald's, Bojangles, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Taco Chicken Bell, Subway, the oft smoke-filled Classic Cafe, Hardee's, Leopard Forest, and my personal favorite TR's Oriental, there isn't much in the way of dining within the city limits of Travelers Rest, that's for sure.

I don't anticipate any nicer restaurants moving in; however, I'd like to see some more upgraded fast food choices: Moe's, Firehouse Subs, Jersey Mike's, etc.. I'd also like to see perhaps an Applebee's, Chili's, or something along these lines. Cracker Barrell would be nearly IDEAL for Travelers Rest.

Oh yea...I almost forgot about Krystal, too. I love those little square things!

I suspect the Classic Cafe on Wade Hampton had the same problem ... which may perhaps be why they've closed? :unsure:

I made the mistake of taking my wife to the one in T.R. while she was pregnant with our son. I had no idea the place would reek of tobacco smoke. :sick: Needless to say, it's not a viable choice for RT family outings anymore.

Yep, Classic Cafe is not a great place to eat.

I don't anticipate any nicer restaurants moving in; however, I'd like to see some more upgraded fast food choices: Moe's, Firehouse Subs, Jersey Mike's, etc.. I'd also like to see perhaps an Applebee's, Chili's, or something along these lines. Cracker Barrell would be nearly IDEAL for Travelers Rest.

A Jack In The Box would be nice yet Travelers Rest is thinking beyond the fast food concept. Cracker Barrel, Ryan's and either Applebee's, Fatz Cafe or TGI Friday's are certain to happen. The outparcels of Wal-Mart and Travelers Rest Crossing may have these.

Archived