River Rail

skirby

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first shot shows the Rainwater Condos in the background, two block away. The park like area in the pics is the west side of the Axciom property. When the Axciom building was built it was done so that a second building could be built on the west side of the property.

The first shot shows the Rainwater Condos in the background, two block away. The park like area in the pics is the west side of the Axciom property. When the Axciom building was built it was done so that a second building could be built on the west side of the property.

I recognized the park as Axciom's. That' really interesting that they left space for a possible second building---I always thought the park was for beautification purposes only.

How would this corner look if a second building by Acxiom was built and the parking lot in the lower left hand corner was built up? This parking lot contains more area than the property where the 300 Third Tower is being constructed down the street.

dscf24609oi.jpg

How would this corner look if a second building by Acxiom was built and the parking lot in the lower left hand corner was built up? This parking lot contains more area than the property where the 300 Third Tower is being constructed down the street.

It will be, eventually.

Just wait until when Heifer gets their global village built. It will spur as much growth as the Clinton Library has.

It will be, eventually.

Just wait until when Heifer gets their global village built. It will spur as much growth as the Clinton Library has.

Really? I always hear that..... but is a "global village" really THAT big of an attraction?

I have my doubts.

That's cool... I'm glad to see Little Rock get a streetcar system going again. And the fact that it's expanding out proves its popularity.

I vacation to Hot Springs every year, and this year I will be there the last weekend in May. I believe I will take one day to drive over and look around downtown Little Rock this year. I typically drive through Little Rock 2-3 times per year but never really stop. I have told myself many times that I should, so I think this May I will do so.

That's cool... I'm glad to see Little Rock get a streetcar system going again. And the fact that it's expanding out proves its popularity.

I vacation to Hot Springs every year, and this year I will be there the last weekend in May. I believe I will take one day to drive over and look around downtown Little Rock this year. I typically drive through Little Rock 2-3 times per year but never really stop. I have told myself many times that I should, so I think this May I will do so.

Great time to pay a visit to LR.The last weekend in May is the weekend of Riverfest.

Really? I always hear that..... but is a "global village" really THAT big of an attraction?

I have my doubts.

The global village will be productions of villages in third world countries, down to the types of cattle/roofs/etc. It won't be like walking around looking at an exhibit - you will literally walk into another country, explore it, then move on to another. Heifer is so well known internationally (saying "Heifer" in South America, Asia, or Africa is like saying "Salvation Army" here) that the HQ itself will be a major boon for LR - it will draw many "hunger conventions," speakers, etc. With the learning center, classrooms, theater, along with the global village, even conservative estimates put visitors far above what the Clinton Library has drawn so far.

The global village will be productions of villages in third world countries, down to the types of cattle/roofs/etc. It won't be like walking around looking at an exhibit - you will literally walk into another country, explore it, then move on to another. Heifer is so well known internationally (saying "Heifer" in South America, Asia, or Africa is like saying "Salvation Army" here) that the HQ itself will be a major boon for LR - it will draw many "hunger conventions," speakers, etc. With the learning center, classrooms, theater, along with the global village, even conservative estimates put visitors far above what the Clinton Library has drawn so far.

HMmm.... interesting...... do you know how many acres this will be on?

Very cool that this "global village" will be within walking distance of downtown LR!

On a competely different note, that Arkansas Democrat Gazette building needs to either be demolished or renovated. It's an eyesore.

HMmm.... interesting...... do you know how many acres this will be on?

Very cool that this "global village" will be within walking distance of downtown LR!

On a competely different note, that Arkansas Democrat Gazette building needs to either be demolished or renovated. It's an eyesore.

Agree on the Demozette building, though I think 15 yrs ago it was probably the least offensive building in the area. It's a shame the Democrat had to win the newspaper battle, the old Gazette building is so much more beautiful.

Agree on the Demozette building, though I think 15 yrs ago it was probably the least offensive building in the area. It's a shame the Democrat had to win the newspaper battle, the old Gazette building is so much more beautiful.

The "Demozette building" you are talking about was built by the Gazette to replace the old Gazette building at 3rd and Louisiana. The old Democrat building on Capitol is still in use by the paper.

The "Demozette building" you are talking about was built by the Gazette to replace the old Gazette building at 3rd and Louisiana. The old Democrat building on Capitol is still in use by the paper.

I didn't know that. All of that happened long enough ago I was too small to really know what occurred.

• 3 weeks later...

Trolley #411 was completed and departed for Little Rock this week. Work on #412 continues at the shop of Gomaco Trolley Company. Picture of #411 on the truck ready for the trip to LR.

trolly4111tw.jpg

Th trolley has arrived in NLR. Also, the trolley barn will have to be expanded before #412 arrives. It was built to hold four cars and with #412 there will be five for the River Rail system.

• 2 weeks later...

With Phase II under construction the question is where will Phase III go. NLR has been working on plans for Phase III. Bill Valentine of the Arkansas Travs has made the comment that NLR has plans for the trolley to go by the new ballpark.

Seems like the logical next step. I'd like to see Main and the Quapaw Quarter involved as well.

Archived