The Kline Steel Project

The_sandlapper

This location is too convenient to be vacant forever. I understand they had problems obtaining financing so the economy will probably have to improve before something is built here. I would hope they would at least lanscape the property in the meantime, until a project can come to fruition.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The text Krazeeboi quoted said that they are still going to build something on the site, they're just going to wait until market conditions are right. Its just going to be a lot longer than we thought it would be.

The "second" casualty on Shop Rd is hilarious. Who cares about that?

• 4 years later...

They are probably STILL waiting for the condo market to improve.

I was thinking Mix used for that spot. i mean it looks right for it. its huge and big enough to place a nice big Mixed used Unit there with a Garage on the north end with Retail at the bottom. i mean its at 2 busy intersections i can see people stopping by for lunch and stuff besides with Canalside project starting to pick back up that would be a good way to coincide those 2 projects together.

I was thinking Mix used for that spot. i mean it looks right for it. its huge and big enough to place a nice big Mixed used Unit there with a Garage on the north end with Retail at the bottom. i mean its at 2 busy intersections i can see people stopping by for lunch and stuff besides with Canalside project starting to pick back up that would be a good way to coincide those 2 projects together.

I think if you look at the old plans they were planning a mixed use development: condos, hotels, stores and offices.

I hope this project truly comes about, because it would be an architectural breakthrough for the Vista:

Kline_elevations.jpg

Kline_elevations2.jpg

Section looking west:

Kline9.jpg

Courtyard looking west at hotel:

Kline5.jpg

Courtyard looking south:

Kline6.jpg

Washington St. elevation:

Kline3.jpg

Gervais St. elevation:

Kline8.jpg

Huger St. elevation:

Kline7.jpg

Huger St. elevation (office bldg):

Kline1.jpg

Gervais St. elevation (office bldg):

Kline2.jpg

And from the architect's website (Perkins Eastman):

By the request of Perkins Eastman, the sketches here have been removed and instead users are advised to visit their website to view any renderings: http://www.perkinsea...c...&startrow=8

Looks really DC-ish. It also reminds me a bit of the Gateway Village mixed-use development in uptown Charlotte.

Im guessing this is the Design yall was talking about? if so Then yes i would really love to see this in that area. its perfect. it has a Charlotte look to it and perfect for Columbia. and this 3D model is amazing. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/krazeeboi/KlineCityCenter4.jpg

Archived