Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

401 Hall St SW

11 posts in this topic

I've been meaning to get some photos of this old Steelcase factory that Delta Properties is renovating next to 131. It's shaping up pretty nicely:

84866315_b60fad4451_b.jpg

84866312_cce582b9b5_b.jpg

84866313_009dd73442_b.jpg

84866314_cdf7cc372b_b.jpg

The long one-story portion looks really cool inside.

Now if they'd just renovate some of the other properties they have on the SW side, we'd be all set :good:

http://www.delta-space.com/properties/401hall/401hall.asp

It looks a lot better than I thought it would. I was totally against renovating the single story building, thought they should have tore it down. After seeing the end result, glad they didn't. Too bad they couldn't have made the numbers work for artist's lofts, their original concept. Thanks for the update.

Godfrey, that comes to mind.

10-4 on that one... This is the building next to TonTin LUmber right? That building needs a ton of TLC...

I go down Godfrey all the time, kind of reminds me of the brownstones... zero setback and plenty of history.

Those interior photos of 401 Hall on their web site are very cool. The inside of the building looks just like the Baker Lofts in Holland. Big open spaces with wood floors and big ol' beams!

And it's got heavy power too. Maybe the new high-tech hub that we're talking about? Or too far from downtown?

Not bad. Usually Delta Properties does a crapty job on their rehabs. Look at 820 Monroe or (for gawd's sake), the Delta Plex...

Is it mixed use?

Joe

Not bad. Usually Delta Properties does a crapty job on their rehabs. Look at 820 Monroe or (for gawd's sake), the Delta Plex...

Is it mixed use?

Joe

Nope, couldn't make the numbers work with residential. I always wondered what exactly that phrase meant, or if it is just a catch phrase to use when plans fall through.