Mayfair at Market in Downtown Chattanooga

Hankster

This week a new downtown mixed use complex was announced. It is an $11 Million project on the 700 block of Market Steet in Chattanooga. Highlights of the project are 8 Stories, 11,000 Sq Ft of class A office space, 5,000 Sq ft of retail, and 50 apartments. For further details check out this link:

Mayfair at Market

Here is a rendering:

MayfairatMarket.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a nice project. Seems like downtown Chattanooga is chugging right along. If was going to live in East Tennessee, the Chattanooga area would definately be tops on my list.

I really need to get to Chattanooga this year to check out the city and put everything thats going on there ins perspective. Its been roughly 10 years since I've been there.

Looks like a nice project. Seems like downtown Chattanooga is chugging right along. If was going to live in East Tennessee, the Chattanooga area would definately be tops on my list.

I really need to get to Chattanooga this year to check out the city and put everything thats going on there ins perspective. Its been roughly 10 years since I've been there.

Let me know when you're coming and I'll show you around.

• 4 months later...

This week a new downtown mixed use complex was announced. It is an $11 Million project on the 700 block of Market Steet in Chattanooga. Highlights of the project are 8 Stories, 11,000 Sq Ft of class A office space, 5,000 Sq ft of retail, and 50 apartments. For further details check out this link:

Mayfair at Market

Here is a rendering:

MayfairatMarket.jpg

I just noticed on Bidclerk that this project (The Mayfair) is now being bid for construction. It says that construction is set to start in June. Here's a link to the bidclerk annoucement.

Mayfair Bid for Construction

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
Welcome to the forum, JD. Are you from Chattanooga? The newspaper here states that the project should start the demolition phase by next month. There was an announcement similar to this more than six months ago, and the project didn't get started then. This is a rental project, which should have a better chance to get off the ground than a condo project, and the article sounded very positive so I think this time the news should be accurate.

Welcome to the forum jdkennedy. I am really glad to see another Chattanooga forumer. Hankster needs some more company. Talk us up. I would love to see more involvement in E.TN.

Hankster, before long you may have enough folks there to do you own forum meets.

I hope there is another project close to the bridge. Keep us updated on that. I still cant believe all that has happened there since I lived there.

Yes I am from Chattanooga. Hankster, I've been reading your posts and you seem to know quite a bit about the developments in downtown Chattanooga. I have heard from word-of-mouth that a development might be going up across from the New Aquarium section, I believe the block is 1st and Market but i might be wrong.. where the old car wash was, right before the bridge. Anyhow this is obviously not in the press yet, but have you heard rumors that this might be the place where the history museum might relocate to, occupying the bottom floor(s) of a new mixed use building?

The Chattanooga Times reported again today that the developer plans to begin demolition of the site later THIS month. Also, it stated that the project should begin construction in June. However, there are still some hurdles that need to be cleared. First, I mistakenly stated earlier that this was a rental project. It is a condo project instead with 56 units. Some of the financing has been secured but not all necessary to start construction. The developer states he's confident the project will begin in June, but obviously, that would not happen is financing proves more difficult to obtain, and the current financing environment is real tough. He said the possibility does exist that after demolition is completed, the project could be delayed and the site just be graded. I'm concerned this is exactly what will happen. Time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...

Have they started work on the block of 700 Main downtown? As I am not current in Chattanooga i have not heard whether this is occuring or not, but have not seen any notices on its progress. Also, does anyone have any preliminary drawings or images of how the new doubletree will look? the small images i've seen look as though it will utilize a great deal of glass in its exterior construction..

Have they started work on the block of 700 Main downtown? As I am not current in Chattanooga i have not heard whether this is occuring or not, but have not seen any notices on its progress. Also, does anyone have any preliminary drawings or images of how the new doubletree will look? the small images i've seen look as though it will utilize a great deal of glass in its exterior construction..

• 1 month later...

Archived