South Carolina's Economic Engine

The_sandlapper

It still sounds like a grudge, Krazeeboi. When talking about the "economic engine" of our state, it is acceptable to report on such news as new jobs. If most of the posts are being made about jobs in the Upstate, perhaps someone should post a few from other regions as well. When I post this information, it is not with the intention of putting down the other regions, but to show the rest of the state (many of whom do not show an interest in what happens beyond their own region) what is happening to economically boost the state as a whole. I get the feeling that at least a few others would prefer the Upstate to lose jobs rather than gain them. Those individuals should be ashamed.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody has said or implied such a thing Skyliner. This forum has a strong Upstate bias that is largely based on numbers, so many times the boosterism of that region is apparantly stronger. People don't mind it, but sometimes it can go over the top. Sometimes certain comments are just not necessary. Most of us are guilty of it at some time or another. The best thing to do is just ignore it and get on with the more important issues.

Krazee, if you or anyone else wants to make such threads in the various subforums, then by all means do so.

Nobody has said or implied such a thing Skyliner. This forum has a strong Upstate bias that is largely based on numbers, so many times the boosterism of that region is apparantly stronger. People don't mind it, but sometimes it can go over the top. Sometimes certain comments are just not necessary. Most of us are guilty of it at some time or another. The best thing to do is just ignore it and get on with the more important issues.

Krazee, if you or anyone else wants to make such threads in the various subforums, then by all means do so.

That is true and applies to everyone. Nobody is immune and the attacks on the Upstate (especially Greenville) have gone over the top several times as well.

As for an Upstate bias, this forum is a breath of fresh air compared with a few others out there I have looked at. :thumbsup:

Since the sentiment is largely to let things remain the way they are, then I can post some news here as I run across it. But I can't get everything from every region (and it really doesn't look like any forumers from any other regions are interested to tell you the truth)--which is why cross-participation (or at least reading up on other areas) in other subforums is important. I just don't want to see this end up as another pissing match if someone were to post some info about job losses, or unemployment stats, or per capita income, or some other measure of economic fitness and the presentation of that information be taken the wrong way--and then we'd be right back where we started. Let's admit it, the recent posts in this thread are designed to make our own regions shine; anything that doesn't do that is largely omitted. Does that honestly do the true economic states of our regions any justice? A thread solely and strictly devoted to economic developments across the state, and not about which region is the "engine," would be apt to have less problems in this regard, IMO.

I have no idea what's going on. Start another thread, please. :lol:

-This thread started out with what metro area had the biggest economic engine for this state, not what job announcements there are. To this day, I still don't think I know who is the biggest economic engine for this state and don't really care who it is either, as long as every metro area in the state gets lots of jobs every year and keeps the economy good.

Archived