Va. Beach Town Center project 2

urbanvb

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any information on the 2nd office tower in TC other than on the Town Center website? It is supposed to break ground this year. I'm anxious to hear something concrete about this tower. :unsure:

Late last year I was told they are still in the prelim stages of gathering prospects for the tower but they have many prospective tenants some of which inlcude a considerable amount of employees. Also, I was informed they hoped to begin construction in the last quarter this year. I am not aware if they are on schedule for construction however.

Speaking of towers-For some reason I have this image of a tower design for the Va pilot/taco bell lot that that's been stuck in my head for weeks! I don't know why. I was the first thing that came to mind when I looked at the new master plan for the TC. Get it out! Maybe I should draw it down. It might help to get it out of my mind-Kinda like a song that is stuck...

Late last year I was told they are still in the prelim stages of gathering prospects for the tower but they have many prospective tenants some of which inlcude a considerable amount of employees. Also, I was informed they hoped to begin construction in the last quarter this year. I am not aware if they are on schedule for construction however.

The latest I've heard is that it will probably be about 15 storeys or so, with a garage. They are waiting on this one and it probably won't be announced for a while. So, a lot could change depending on interested tenants.

The latest I've heard is that it will probably be about 15 storeys or so, with a garage. They are waiting on this one and it probably won't be announced for a while. So, a lot could change depending on interested tenants.

First it was 23, then it was 20, now it's 15? <_< If the demands not there then why build the thing at all? I'd rather wait a little bit longer for a better project than to just settle on the mediocre to fulfill their promise to the city to deliver a 2nd office tower on such and such date. I'm wondering if the City Center project, and the Pembroke Retail office park (if that's still a go), are affecting demand for this project. Also, when you say 15 stories with a garage you're meaning to say that the garage portion is included in that total correct?

First it was 23, then it was 20, now it's 15? <_< If the demands not there then why build the thing at all? I'd rather wait a little bit longer for a better project than to just settle on the mediocre to fulfill their promise to the city to deliver a 2nd office tower on such and such date. I'm wondering if the City Center project, and the Pembroke Retail office park (if that's still a go), are affecting demand for this project. Also, when you say 15 stories with a garage you're meaning to say that the garage portion is included in that total correct?

Considering that Armadda Hoffler is only 13 floors you could have the same thing with this building. In fact I would almost gaurantee it. 15 floors of office with 8 floors of parking is not unheard of. Just look at trader. one floor retail, 7 floors parking and twelve floors office.

Considering that Armadda Hoffler is only 13 floors you could have the same thing with this building. In fact I would almost gaurantee it. 15 floors of office with 8 floors of parking is not unheard of. Just look at trader. one floor retail, 7 floors parking and twelve floors office.

Right, my question was in total height. 15+8 would still be 23. The way Padman worded it though I thought he was saying the entire structure is 15 stories in height, period, which includes the garage floors.

Right, my question was in total height. 15+8 would still be 23. The way Padman worded it though I thought he was saying the entire structure is 15 stories in height, period, which includes the garage floors.

I heard that the garage would not be underneath the tower, but that is not official. I talked to a friend in the City Dept. of Economic Development, not from Divaris's people, so bear that in mind.

Where else could they possibly build a parking garage besides underneath the tower?

Very good question. It looks like that block is a bit longer (east- west) than the adjacent one with the Cosmo, but it's not particularly large. I guess it's a design question. There might be some cost issues as I don't think the City is too eager to subsidize any more parking garages for now. This isn't an easy question to answer without a lot more information. I hope the thing goes vertical.

But more importantly, I feel certain that it will be built, and fairly soon too. There are too many well to do households in eastern VB not to support some more offices for brokerages and legal firms located closer than they would be in downtown Norfolk. I'd be surprised to see any corporate headquarters in Town Center, though. there isn't much of a national precedent for that, except for firms that do not wish a public presence--those like to locate in campus like business parks.

Cool, are they a german microbrewery?

California. Started near San Fran.

Their beers are okay, but they brew on-site.

One more thing: I don't think they'll affect Keegans or Red Tavern too much, especiallt the latter. GB is much more of a restaurant than bar unlike the other two.

Edited by hoobo

California. Started near San Fran.

Their beers are okay, but they brew on-site.

One more thing: I don't think they'll affect Keegans or Red Tavern too much, especiallt the latter. GB is much more of a restaurant than bar unlike the other two.

Yeah, Red Star is more of a restaurant as well. That place packs em in too.