Greenville and the Creative Class

gs3

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great article gsupstate. :thumbsup:

I can understand why Greenville would be mentioned in this article with the number of architectural & engineering firms, the development of the West End as an arts center, as well as many other "creative" factors.

I would consider myself to be a part of the creative class as well.

I hate to break it to you, but Florida's theories on the "Creative Class" have been debunked as nonsense. It's too bad the idiot media has not figured it out yet and still persist at thinking the great places are those where drag queens and super yuppies sip frappachinos in starbucks.

If you are interested in more I recommend searching on these items here at UrbanPlanet as it has been discussed in other forums.

The cost of living pretty high in all of California's big cities. I was in Los Angeles with a friend while he was moving into his new apartment, which was ~$800/month for a one bedroom, and it wasn't anywhere near being a new apartment building and certainly not close to downtown.

Good point, If the comparison had to do with the beauty of the city it would be bad. If we were compared to San Fran becuase of similar levels of homeless that would be bad.

I have seen beautiful parts of San Fran. Was it your intention to negatively reply on the "beauty of the city" comparison? Most important, I suppose, is the comparison which this writer made concerning the improving creative class in these cities.

Archived