DEMOLISHED: The Christ Episcopal Church

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See Art In Ruins for more info and photos.

The middle set of pictures, of the inside circa last year, really show why this destruction was inevitable. It's a shame. You just can't let water run amok through a structure for years and expect it to stay standing for long. I wonder if they even tried to preserve any of the detailings during the destruction.

The middle set of pictures, of the inside circa last year, really show why this destruction was inevitable. It's a shame. You just can't let water run amok through a structure for years and expect it to stay standing for long. I wonder if they even tried to preserve any of the detailings during the destruction.

Maybe demolition was inevitable but sad nonetheless. Apparently, urban houses of worship are among the most endangered historic buildings nowadays as aging congregations die off or move out of cities.

Maybe demolition was inevitable but sad nonetheless. Apparently, urban houses of worship are among the most endangered historic buildings nowadays as aging congregations die off or move out of cities.

My dream for the past 10 years has been to win the lottery, buy the church and restore it into a residence. Fanciful dream but I always admired the building it was really beautiful. My heart broke when I drove by and all I saw was the steeple.

Well I guess now they can build a pawnshop there, it will fit in with the check cashing place, bootleg clothes store and liquor store. Just kidding, I am just sad and angry.

Archived