Best Atlanta Coffee Shop

Andrea

My favorite is Joe's in East Atlanta. I love the Michelangelo-esque painting on the ceiling and the whole vibe. I grew up over that way and it has a nice homey feel to me.

There are plenty of other great places, too. I like Jupiter Coffee in Oakhurst and San Francisco on N. Highland. I'm even okay with Joe Muggs and some Starbucks.

What are your favorites?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite is Joe's in East Atlanta. I love the Michelangelo-esque painting on the ceiling and the whole vibe. I grew up over that way and it has a nice homey feel to me.

There are plenty of other great places, too. I like Jupiter Coffee in Oakhurst and San Francisco on N. Highland. I'm even okay with Joe Muggs and some Starbucks.

What are your favorites?

I too vote Joe's in East Atlanta. It's the only loungy coffee shop that I've found in Atlanta. Everywhere else seems to have more of a get your coffee and go feel. If anyone has been to Savannah, I lived next to Gallery Expresso and spent so many hours there. It's so comfortable and I always saw someone I knew there. It's on Bull St. and Perry Ln. and used to be on Liberty (close to the corner of Bull.) I miss it so much!

I try to support local businesses as much as possible but the Starbucks inside the GA Tech Barnes and Noble has some nice sidewalk tables that I like to sit at and read or people watch. It's a good location.

In my ideal world I want a coffee shop where I can bring my dog. She's as sweet as pie and would just lay down on the floor and not mess with anybody or even make any sounds. That's my one complaint with Joe's -- there isn't much room to sit outside, and it's hard to even find a place to tie my dog up while I go in for a to-go cup.

As much as I love our city, I must say that Atlanta's sidewalk dining opportunities in general are pretty pathetic.

Carroll St Cafe - support my local, but since they have a liqour license you can get a real Irish Coffee

Joes in East Atlanta

San Francisco on Highland

Aurora in L5P - no, it's not that great, but it's been around much longer than all the johnny come lately chains

It's long gone but one of my all-time favorite Atlanta coffee shops/diners was Tasty Town, down on Forsyth Street. My boss liked to start the day there, and as his dutiful entourage we were often there, too. You would frequently see many of Atlanta's movers and shakers in there and there's no telling how much of Atlanta's course was shaped over the top of those formica tables. I still remember their coffee -- yum!!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived