Riverfront Project

GRDadof3

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's already been shown on this site, and I believe it appeared in the Business Journal last Summer. Apparently the Press is just seeing it. :huh: It's the rendering with the two buildings that look strangely like Morton House and the City View building, and then a roundish Portman looking thing sticking up in the middle.

It's gaudiness is only transcended by its silliness. The funniest thing about the article was that the Grubb & Ellis rep said it shows how "national developers are interested in doing a project like that in Grand Rapids". They are still acting like it was a legitimate project from a legitimate developer.

Ah, thanks jbr12. :rofl::rofl:

More than just that one tower was cut out. With the cut-out bits restored that render is new to me. It still looks like a cartoonish mess, however, and it's not even close to scale. That building isn't meant to represent 80 floors, but the scale is so out of whack that's what it looks like. Again, wouldn't a legit developer have some more professional renderings made that accurately reflect the project?

BTW, I wouldn't bother locking this thread. This bit will pass, and it will be resurrected again in another year, you might as well let it live.

More than just that one tower was cut out. With the cut-out bits restored that render is new to me. It still looks like a cartoonish mess, however, and it's not even close to scale. That building isn't meant to represent 80 floors, but the scale is so out of whack that's what it looks like. Again, wouldn't a legit developer have some more professional renderings made that accurately reflect the project?

BTW, I wouldn't bother locking this thread. This bit will pass, and it will be resurrected again in another year, you might as well let it live.

Wow...I never saw any of this! Absolutely crazy. I think we'd have to at least double the size of metro GR for all of this to happen! I especially like the developing of that small island in the Grand. That little piece of sand and the few trees that grow on it like to disappear under water a few times each year.

88630269_baafadbfaf_b.jpg

I remember reading this bridge was constructed to swivel in order for ship traffic to pass, but boats never ended up moving that far up the Grand River due to shallow/impassable points down river.

First time with that rendering. My first thought was... was it a joke? If I showed up to GR with that plan, I dont think anyone would take me seriously and I now see why Faust was seen in the same light.

Man, too bad I got hooked on that story... good times.

Archived