Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was browsing the front page of UP and discovered that Charlotte, Nashville, and Spartenburg have city Development Maps posted on the front page unter the "Development Maps" tab.  Where is the Richmond Development Map?  I don't know how to go about doing it, but it would be nice to have Richmond's Development Map posted under the main tab on the front page like the other 3 cities.  Can anyone figure out how to go about doing this?  Doing this will also make our Development Map more accessible to us as well as good advertisement for Richmond!  What do you think?

Also, it looks like the number of house sales and median home prices are continuing to rise.  

I messaged the moderators.  They said 

The map needs an ownership transfer to the following address and I can stick it up on the site: [email protected]

Who owns the map on google again?

Edited by RiverYuppy
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RiverYuppy said:

I messaged the moderators.  They said 

Who owns the map on google again?

Doesn’t RVA-is-the-Best own the map?  At least I thought it was him.  If we can call him up somehow, we might be able to see what he can do to help us out. Thanks for looking into this.  Doesn’t sound too difficult.

RVA-Is-The-Best:

Awesome!  Thanks for working that.  I just think it will make it easier for us to access the development map if it's in the tab with all the other cities' maps.  Plus, it will provide an opportunity to show off everything going on in Richmond to everyone else. 

Finally, I want to thank you for putting everything together and for keeping everything on the map up-to-date.  I'm sure I speak for everyone else on this forum when I say, "you have my respect!"

Please keep us updated on the progress and I look forward to seeing the Richmond Development Map on the UP front page tab soon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eandslee said:

RVA-Is-The-Best:

Awesome!  Thanks for working that.  I just think it will make it easier for us to access the development map if it's in the tab with all the other cities' maps.  Plus, it will provide an opportunity to show off everything going on in Richmond to everyone else. 

Finally, I want to thank you for putting everything together and for keeping everything on the map up-to-date.  I'm sure I speak for everyone else on this forum when I say, "you have my respect!"

Please keep us updated on the progress and I look forward to seeing the Richmond Development Map on the UP front page tab soon!

Thanks lol. But it wouldn't look nearly as up to date if I didn't open it up for editing to you guys. Sometimes yall have me beat to the punch when it comes to adding new projects. I'm glad at least we have a definitive map that people can rely on. 

• Like 1

Ok lol so i forgot to do it after work on friday so I saw the msg and did it just now but am getting a 

Error

Sorry, cannot transfer ownership to [email protected]. Ownership can only be transferred to another user in the same domain as the current owner.

So I guess i have to have a UP domain address like he does? Or maybe if he has gmail? I don't know. I gave him editing rights though, that was the extent it would allow me. Maybe someone can get in touch with him

Edited by RVA-Is-The-Best
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, RiverYuppy said:

The Richmond development map is up there now!

Sweet!  Thanks so much guys!  I love the fact that this is a very active forum and that we have some dedicated folks here.  Thanks for all you do!

Now, we just have to keep it updated and add as many photos/rendernings as we can.  I think that Richmond has a lot to showcase, so when you get a chance take some time to go in and make some updates.  Thanks again everyone!

Edited by eandslee

What happened to the BRT line on the development map?  I thought it was there before.

Also, I need to get smart on how to update it.  Any instructions out there?  I don't want to mess anything up, but I do want to help keep it up-to-date.

Just now, RiverYuppy said:

Yeah, the house they featured in the photos is a few houses down from me on my block! We bought 4 years ago and the value has increased about 100k.

• Like 3

I saw this headline on Richmindbizsense.com and immediately thought a developer was going to move forward to develop the City Center tower again...but alas, not the case.  Still, not bad news just different development news (ha ha):

Developers look to create ‘City Center’ in Monroe, Jackson Ward

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/05/07/developers-look-create-city-center-monroe-jackson-ward/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eandslee said:

I saw this headline on Richmindbizsense.com and immediately thought a developer was going to move forward to develop the City Center tower again...but alas, not the case.  Still, not bad news just different development news (ha ha):

Developers look to create ‘City Center’ in Monroe, Jackson Ward

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/05/07/developers-look-create-city-center-monroe-jackson-ward/

I did the same.  Not particularly thrilled about an out-of-town developer trying to rebrand the area to something already referenced elsewhere, plus that stretch has already been rebranded from Monroe/Jackson Ward to Arts District.

Edited by Icetera
  • Like 1

So, completely off topic, hence it's in this thread.

I was watching a documentary on Netflix called "American Experience: The Race Underground". It has a great part about the Richmond Trolley System! Oh how I wish the Richmond forefathers had the sight to keep our trolley system!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drayrichmond said:

So, completely off topic, hence it's in this thread.

I was watching a documentary on Netflix called "American Experience: The Race Underground". It has a great part about the Richmond Trolley System! Oh how I wish the Richmond forefathers had the sight to keep our trolley system!

Yeah, someone posted this on reddit and since you saw it liked it, I need to see it too.  It's still a shame that we were on the cutting edge at one time...now, not so much.