Cotuit

Richmond off-topic postings

I highly doubt we grow that much and to be honest I don't want us to grow that fast. I have no problems with us reaching that size and truly hope we will, but maybe by 2040. That amount of growth is a lot for a region to handle and a lot of change very fast. I think a more reasonable and still quite substantial goal would be a 15-20% population gain across the entire metro between 2020-2030.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RiverYuppy said:

It looks like the new VCU Master Plan will be coming out soon.  I'm excited to see what is in store!

Please post a link when it comes out. It’ll be interesting to see what they have planned. I’m curious to see what’s really in store at Broad and Belvedere. 

1 hour ago, Hike said:

What's everyone's take on this, any chance they'll out grow their space or want to have their own HQ building?

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/10/05/union-bank-strikes-610m-major-push-nova/

Well, they just announced last week that they are looking to take up a couple more floors in their current downtown building and are consolidating space by getting rid of their Caroline County operations and moving them into their Innsbrook building. Not sure how this move might call for a need of even more space, but the announcement last week might have been because they were planning this buyout. I’ve always said (on this forum) that Union would be our next candidate to build a tower in Downtown Richmond. I still stick to that belief...so long as the bank can continue to grow without getting bought out itself.  I’m exciting about this announcement and hope that it leads to a really tall tower in our skyline in the not too distant future!

• Like 3

Imo if they can keep sustainably acquiring and expanding, I think they're our next Fortune 500 contender.  We're far from that point though, but 'one of the largest banks in Virginia' is a good start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

They are the largest community bank in Virginia. Is cap one the only va based bank that’s larger ?

I think so.  Townebank is not too far behind Union, so Union has to keep expanding to keep ahead!

Capital One, of course, just built the 2nd tallest tower in Virginia up in Tyson’s Corner (at 470 feet), so it’s not far fetched that eventually, Union could do the same in Richmond...especially if it keeps all of its operations centralized in Richmond instead of separating them out away from its HQ like Capital One did.