Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

The start of filming on the JOHN ADAMS miniseries has been delayed due to casting difficulties. All of the three name actors approached for the lead role, who were not identified, have committments preventing their (or HIS) participation until February of 2006. The Production Office in Richmond is still very much alive and expects to begin filming at Richmond, Williamsburg, Powhatan and Hanover locations as well as in London and other European locations in February.

It was reported that more than 4000 turned out at the recent call for those interested in participating as extras in the project.

I think The Virginian Pilot owners also publish Richmond's highly acclaimed STYLE WEEKLY as well as Norfolk's (ahem, cough, not as highly acclaimed ;)  ;) ) PORTFOLIO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are correct there, Burt. I have never read STYLE seeing it is in Richmond but I read Portfolio weekly here. I wouldn't doubt STYLE being a better magazine. Richmond is much more white collar and is probably more liberal than the HR area.

eric....hope all is well, hadn't seen you around for a whille. Noticed your RF post though...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just got back home to Montana today...unfortunately, my father passed away on Monday morning and the funeral was Tuesday. I left Richmond on Wednesday and just got home today (I was flying standby - that's why it took 2 days). Anyway, I'm doing okay, but can't believe he's gone. Anyway, on a lighter note...I've got a lot of catching up to do and a lot of posts to read! It was great to see Richmond again, though! I've got some photos I need to post, but, Coupe where do you post your photos on the web so that you can post them here? I forgot the website. Thanks in advance and I should be around a lot more again...like I used to anyway. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time for me - you guys are great!!

hey man I am really sorry about your loss. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

Glad you enjoyed being back in Richmond and I can't wait to check out your pics. I love different perspectives (i.e. mine, yours, etc :))

The site I use is: PhotoBucket

Take care and its glad to hear from you again!

Edited by wrldcoupe4

I just got back home to Montana today...unfortunately, my father passed away on Monday morning and the funeral was Tuesday.  I left Richmond on Wednesday and just got home today (I was flying standby - that's why it took 2 days).  Anyway, I'm doing okay, but can't believe he's gone.  Anyway, on a lighter note...I've got a lot of catching up to do and a lot of posts to read!  It was great to see Richmond again, though!  I've got some photos I need to post, but, Coupe where do you post your photos on the web so that you can post them here?  I forgot the website.  Thanks in advance and I should be around a lot more again...like I used to anyway.  Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time for me - you guys are great!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey man I'm really sorry for your loss. I hope that you hold up well and keep strong. It will be hard for a long time but you've got to keep your head up.

hey man I am really sorry about your loss. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

Glad you enjoyed being back in Richmond and I can't wait to check out your pics. I love different perspectives (i.e. mine, yours, etc :))

The site I use is: PhotoBucket

Take care and its glad to hear from you again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks so much friend! I'll post the photos as soon as I can...probably tomorrow. Sorry, we couldn't meet up, but maybe next time! Again, thanks!

I just got back home to Montana today...unfortunately, my father passed away on Monday morning and the funeral was Tuesday.  I left Richmond on Wednesday and just got home today (I was flying standby - that's why it took 2 days).  Anyway, I'm doing okay, but can't believe he's gone.  Anyway, on a lighter note...I've got a lot of catching up to do and a lot of posts to read!  It was great to see Richmond again, though!  I've got some photos I need to post, but, Coupe where do you post your photos on the web so that you can post them here?  I forgot the website.  Thanks in advance and I should be around a lot more again...like I used to anyway.  Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time for me - you guys are great!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry for you loss :( . It's good to have you back on the forums however, we missed you over here.

looks like another Richmond ad-agency doing well.... Big River Advertising based in Shockoe Bottom near famed Martin Agency has lined up the maker of MoonPies as a client. The tv commercials, a first for moon pies, feature average Richmonders on the street talking up moon pies. They are currently testing the commercials in Charlotte, Birmingham, and Montgomery.

bringing moonpies to the masses

I'm not going to be available until at least Thursday, Sept. 1st.  With Coupe at school it'll probably be kinda quiet around here for a while since he and I do most of the posting.

See you later, folks. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, we'll miss ya. Come back soon. :)

I'm not going to be available until at least Thursday, Sept. 1st.  With Coupe at school it'll probably be kinda quiet around here for a while since he and I do most of the posting.

See you later, folks. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hurry back burt I need someone to mess with me and so I can go off like I usually do! :rofl::thumbsup:

hahaa I enjoyed this article about people sharing their separation anxiety from Richmond:

TD article

To be fair and balanced, there's even a dissenter. but hey, not everyone can miss a place like Richmond. Just most people, including myself.

The infatuation with Ukrop's must baffle people from out of town... funny thing is there is this college online network thing called facebook. You can connect with friends and join groups. One of the groups at various schools is "People Who Miss Ukrop's" lol :D

At GMU alone there are over 80 members to the group :silly: