Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

fyi katie ukrop just opened up an AWESOME gallery on broad street called quirk. http://www.quirkgallery.com/ My Mom, Dad and I went down there for first fridays last night and were amazed at how many people were around. I am so thankful to finally see creative activity in downtown - i have been in a paradigm thinking nothing ever goes on.

It still has a ways to go, PE, but every time I go back to Richmond my heart swells with pride. It truly is such a beautiful city, but of course, as in any big metropolitan area, it has its seedy sides.

After I've settled in, I'll give my account of an expatriot's return visit.

So glad you got to the First Friday art gallery crawl. I wanted to go, but was so exhausted from a week of activities, which included sadness, joy and the full gamut, that I stayed in my final night. I spent the evening watching TV coverage of the horrors along the Gulf Coast.

Edited by burt

okay guys.... I'll be gone for a couple days. Gotta head back to Richmond for the Busch Race...yeehawww... and I should be back Saturday. However, it's saturday night so I probably won't be around :) I'll check by if I can though....take care of this bad boy while I'm away... Don't make tooooo many posts you crazy posters !!! :lol:

okay guys.... I'll be gone for a couple days. Gotta head back to Richmond for the Busch Race...yeehawww... and I should be back Saturday. However, it's saturday night so I probably won't be around :) I'll check by if I can though....take care of this bad boy while I'm away... Don't make tooooo many posts you crazy posters !!! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, we're just always going NUTS with the posting!!! It'll take you two days to get caught up! :lol:

howdy fellers! I is back in Richmond but was able to find one of these fancy typin' machines at home after that there busch race. hahaha actually it wasnt that bad. I took some pics which I can post.. There was a lot of people for a busch race there as well.... I'd say about 70,000-80,000....

Now, I'll be on the road back to school for a couple hours tomorrow and I'll have some down time before party time...I expect at least fifty new posts and several new projects announced... :rofl:

National Folk Festival 2005, In Richmond, Musical/Performing Acts:

Bernard Allison

Cephas & Wiggins

Cheick Hamala Diabate

Chuna McIntyre and the Nunampa Singers and Dancers

D.W. Groethe

Dervish

First African Baptist Singers

Frank London's Klezmer Brass Allstars

Hayden Thompson

Ivo Papasov, Yuri Yunakov and the Legends of Bulgarian Wedding Music

J.P. Cormier

Khmer Classical Dance Ensemble

Los Pleneros de la 21

Marcia Ball

Mariachi Los Camperos de Nati Cano

Mountain Heart

Papa Susso

Sankofa Strings

Savoy Family Band

The Madison Hummingbirds

The Paschall Brothers

Zydeco Joe & the Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulez Band

Music From "The Crooked Road"

Dale Jett and the Carter Singers

Eddie Bond

Kirk Sutphin

No Speed Limit

Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys

Sammy Shelor

The Crooked Road Stringband

The Round Knob Singers

Wayne Henderson

Whitetop Mountain Band

sounds like a pretty good event for the convention center.....

Now in its seventh year, the Commonwealth of Virginia's Information Technology Symposium (COVITS) is being hosted in the River City for the first time. Dubbed "Virginia's signature annual business and technology event," the conference is attracting 1,100 participants from 20 states and 20 countries this year. The theme of this year's conference is: "The Promise of a Digital Government." .....

......This year, on Monday night, CNN's Frank Sesno is moderating a panel entitled "Government's Use of Technology in Responding to and Preventing Disasters." Tom Ridge, former secretary of the Office of Homeland Security, and Robert Gates, current president of Texas A & M and former director of the CIA, are participating in the panel.

Technocracy in America

lol I'm here.... but I've been working on this stupid paper all week on the "relevant political history, key movements, parties, and personalities; structural analysis of institutions and the political system; wider societal and cultural factors etc.... to come up with a well-argued evaluation of the course of democracy and democratization in Egypt"

and man how I could care less!!!!! ahhhhh I stayed up till 7am this morning finishing it.