Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

A Jackson Ward movie?! A movie movie? Not an educational thing for the schools?

"Aaron is a young cop walking a thin moral tightrope. He spends his days patrolling the streets of his small southern town." WHAT?!

Haha Marc John Jefferies... the PeoplePC kid. He just had a birthday recently.

We need more movies actually set in Richmond than us being DC or some other place.

It's a very small budget film ($20,000 or something like that) but I'd be interesting to see what it ends up like. In fact, how great would it be to have the film's premiere at the Hipp... Doubt that would happen since the place needs some serious work, but wishful thinking eh?

A Jackson Ward movie?! A movie movie? Not an educational thing for the schools?

"Aaron is a young cop walking a thin moral tightrope. He spends his days patrolling the streets of his small southern town." WHAT?!

Haha Marc John Jefferies... the PeoplePC kid. He just had a birthday recently.

We need more movies actually set in Richmond than us being DC or some other place.

And I'll add the unofficially named (by me) Tredegar Beach.

Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot to tell you guys about my autobiographical film I'm working on. :shades:

Where exactly are Tredegar and Texas "Beach"es?

Texas Beach is off Texas Ave I believe near Maymont. I believe it's part of James River Park North Bank. Tredegar is along Tredegar St west of Browns Island where they like to jump from the trestle. I believe I posted pics from there last May. It's very unofficial, but I'd like for it to stick.

Wow. Unbelievable. The Richmond music scene just lost another artist to bad circumstances. Ben Hutson, his girlfriend Cayce, and his friend Joe all lost their lives in a fatal car accident while on tour yesterday.

I wasn't incredibly close to them, but I did hang out with Ben from time to time... last saw him at the Inquisition Reunion Show May 19th. A friend called me last night to inform me of their passing, and I woke up thinking it was merely a bad dream. It's so unbelievably disheartening. :(

Wow. Unbelievable. The Richmond music scene just lost another artist to bad circumstances. Ben Hutson, his girlfriend Cayce, and his friend Joe all lost their lives in a fatal car accident while on tour yesterday.

I wasn't incredibly close to them, but I did hang out with Ben from time to time... last saw him at the Inquisition Reunion Show May 19th. A friend called me last night to inform me of their passing, and I woke up thinking it was merely a bad dream. It's so unbelievably disheartening. :(

That's very sad news, Aaron. Condolences to you and all relatives and friends of the deceased musicians. Where was the scene of the accident?

Everyone, I just wanted you all to know that I, also known as Eric (my real name), will finally be moving from Montana this week to California after living in Montana for 4 years. Starting next week I'll be stationed at Vandenberg AFB where I will be a part of programs where we launch satellites into space. Vandenberg AFB is basically Cape Canaveral on the west coast (located just 2.5 hours north of Los Angeles, on the coast). Anyway, my reason for telling you all this is because there will be some times within the next little while that I will not have Internet service and therefore will not be able to communicate on this site. Don't fret though...I won't be gone forever...just gone for a little while until I can get myself and my family stable into a permanent living quarters where I can freely get online and chat. Just so you know, I haven't found a home in California yet, so all 5 of us (my wife and 3 children) will be staying in a temporary living facility on base or, if there is no room, we'll be staying in a hotel (hopefully one that has Internet connection). I'll keep everyone updated on our progress. When I can, I will chime in if I'm ever able to get online during my transition period. Movers are coming tomorrow to beginng packing up our things and by Wednesday, all of our stuff will be gone. We will leave town on Thursday and will arrive in California on Sunday. Anyway, not that I'm a huge "staple" here, but everyone else, please hold down the fort until I can get on here more regularly! I'm looking forward to the move (most excited to escape the freezing cold winters here in Montana) and also looking forward to moving back to "civilization" as it were! OK, that's all...I'll be around all day today and perhaps some between now and Wednesday, so let's keep chattin'! :thumbsup:

How long of a gig will you have in California, Eric? Any prospects of moving back east in your near future?

It appears, right now, to be a 4 year gig, but that could change to 3 years if the Air Force allows it (they just switched from having 3 year tours to 4 year tours and I've been told that this is likely to change, but we just don't know when). After California, I'm going to the east coast whether the Air Force decides it or not. I'm tired of the west. I tried my darnedest to get to Georgia or Florida this time, but the Air Force wouldn't have it. Of course, I'd have to get out of the Air Force if they don't let me go in 3-4 years, but I might be ready for that by then. There's so much I can do outside of the Air Force with the education and experience I have - the options are limitless. I'm going to play it all out and see what happens, but I really miss being on the east coast and I really miss being around my family (who all live in then southeast).

Check out Skybus schedules. Maybe you'll find a cheap connect from somewhere in Cal to Richmond. :)

Oh for sure Burt. Skybus flies out of Burbank, CA (not too far from where I'll be), so that is definitely an option!

Yeah Eric you gotta come back tp Richmond and find a job if you ever leave the airforce. I'd say its not easy on you or your family with all the moving cause my dad told me my grandfather was in World War II in the Army and my dad would move from Virginia to New Jersey to Pennsylvania then finally he moved to Maryland and then back to Virginia in Richmond. But I can imagine its not easy on your family with all the moving.

It appears, right now, to be a 4 year gig, but that could change to 3 years if the Air Force allows it (they just switched from having 3 year tours to 4 year tours and I've been told that this is likely to change, but we just don't know when). After California, I'm going to the east coast whether the Air Force decides it or not. I'm tired of the west. I tried my darnedest to get to Georgia or Florida this time, but the Air Force wouldn't have it. Of course, I'd have to get out of the Air Force if they don't let me go in 3-4 years, but I might be ready for that by then. There's so much I can do outside of the Air Force with the education and experience I have - the options are limitless. I'm going to play it all out and see what happens, but I really miss being on the east coast and I really miss being around my family (who all live in then southeast).

Oh for sure Burt. Skybus flies out of Burbank, CA (not too far from where I'll be), so that is definitely an option!

I know it's hard for youngsters to think along these lines, but remember you'll get a nice pension if you serve 20 years. And the years go by faster as you grow older.

I know it's hard for youngsters to think along these lines, but remember you'll get a nice pension if you serve 20 years. And the years go by faster as you grow older.

Oh yes, I'm 32 years old and so I've taken the pension into consideration. I don't know. Right now I'm planning on staying in and hoping that they will send me to the east coast. I'll hold out for that hope for right now and see what happens.

Oh yes, I'm 32 years old and so I've taken the pension into consideration. I don't know. Right now I'm planning on staying in and hoping that they will send me to the east coast. I'll hold out for that hope for right now and see what happens.

I'll bet a quarter you and your family will find you like California living more than you expected. :thumbsup:

Yeah Cam that wreck was awful I had to call my dad and tell him to not take 95 home. So Instead he took 288 from Chester. That wreck looked really nasty from what I saw on the news. I have been hearing continous sirens today as well as hearing news about wrecks constantly.

Okay, didn't they have a plan to have tractor trailers bypass the city on 295? What happened to that? Since we've had 3 tractor trailor accidents in the past 3 weeks on 95 downtown or just outside downtown, I think they should have them rerouted unless they're making deliveries.