Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

The internet at my aunt's died so I wasn't able to check anything this weekend. ALso she had been in the hospital all last week, she came home yesterday. I did take some pictures this weekend and last weekend... both on Belle Isle. The river is super low! People were walking across it in all directions! I sat on a rock I've never seen before! Tommy I have some more pics for you to stitch together.

Yeah, I'd say this is bad press for downtown. What the heck? What kind of craziness is going on in the leadership downtown? This sort of thing is preventing downtown from thriving any more than it is. Who wants to live and work around this mess? :angry:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/cva/ric/news....09-13-0142.html

I'm very disappointed and very embarraced for Richmond.

yay more criticism just what we need and is exactly why the reason I want to move out of Richmond to either Atlanta or Charlotte to raise a family. This is the reason why I hate Richmond so much is because of the pointless criticism and the bickering that goes on in this city and yet they like to criticize but not do anything about it. People like that need to stay out of the city and the city government if they just wanna talk and not do anything about that. I hate it more than anything when people like to say blah blah blah and yet not do one single thing about it. This is why the city has its hard times is because people like to talk but not do anything about it. This is uncall for when reading that article I thought I was gonna chuck my computer out the window onto patterson avenue. Way to go City people and thanks again for the really inspiring story times dispatch. Can you not get any lamer.

It's just a Ray McAllister column that the production department at inRich inadvertantly highlighted, both on the news page menu and the column itself. It wouldn't appear half as negative if it were printed as the column that it is. McAllister often writes with tongue-in-cheek, but I'm sure he didn't intend this much attention. Blame most of it on the composing room.

I don't understand the emotion. It's just a column with someone's spin on things, not headline news on the front page. And the criticism of criticism continues. Find me a perfect city that runs so smoothy, everyone wears a smile and everything gets done as everyone wishes. You'll be on a wild Henrico black bear chase.

I don't understand the emotion. It's just a column with someone's spin on things, not headline news on the front page. And the criticism of criticism continues. Find me a perfect city that runs so smoothy, everyone wears a smile and everything gets done as everyone wishes. You'll be on a wild Henrico black bear chase.

'Theres no place like home'. Spin or not, I do suggest a voting display of the publics dismay at the way the government is handling themselves. Oh and if I find out I am staying here for a few more years, I will run for my districts seat. Probably will lose though.

'Theres no place like home'. Spin or not, I do suggest a voting display of the publics dismay at the way the government is handling themselves. Oh and if I find out I am staying here for a few more years, I will run for my districts seat. Probably will lose though.

Who will be your opponent? And when is the election?

Yes but could I land the majority vote is the real question. Ill have to start walking around and finding out.

If you are serious about taking that district's seat, I would suggest that you schmooze the churches first. The majority of support for either of the previous 2 front-runners gained much of their support from "the flock". If you can somehow pander to "the flock" and steal some of those votes, and add those numbers to the average person on the street, then I would think that you would have a good chance of being the next representative.

If you are serious about taking that district's seat, I would suggest that you schmooze the churches first. The majority of support for either of the previous 2 front-runners gained much of their support from "the flock". If you can somehow pander to "the flock" and steal some of those votes, and add those numbers to the average person on the street, then I would think that you would have a good chance of being the next representative.

Good suggestion, guess I should get back in with god's good graces ;)

Speaking about passions. Passion for saving viewshed, absurd. Passion for an inclusive downtown, wrong. Passion for development in the East End, limited. Passion for the correct names of places, pure foolishness. Passion for history... forget it. Passion for sensible development, the audacity. The passion for sports, commended. The passion for the arts, noble. The passion for suburbia, vexing. The passion for Richmond, =

Edited by Cadeho

Speaking about passions. Passion for saving viewshed, absurd. Passion for an inclusive downtown, wrong. Passion for development in the East End, limited. Passion for the correct names of places, pure foolishness. Passion for history... forget it. Passion for sensible development, the audacity. The passion for sports, commended. The passion for the arts, noble. The passion for suburbia, vexing. The passion for Richmond, =

indelible.

I hear Tommy was recently in Boyz in da Hood II dodging bbs! :lol:

They call me T-sizzle!

Quick question..do any of our bridges downtown light up at night, aside from the street lights? I really wanna' go downtown Saturday night and take some long exposure shots..

Edited by TBurban