Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

They call me T-sizzle!

Quick question..do any of our bridges downtown light up at night, aside from the street lights? I really wanna' go downtown Saturday night and take some long exposure shots..

Unfortunately no. I'd love to see the MLK and the Manchester bridges lit.

Well everyone I have some good news. I just saved a bunch of money on my c ar insurance by switching to Geico. JOKING!!!! But really I got a new car today. I got a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport so now I am oficially able to go take pictures whenever I want too. I might try and go take some next week sometime once I get out of class and dont have to work. But I am going to the Richmond Masterplan thing on thursday with my cousin that works for Wachovia Securites.

YOU'RE MISSING THE ITALIAN FESTIVAL!!!!!!

I was there in spirit..I hope you had some fresh prosciutto and a cannoli for me!

Have a good trip, Tommy. I hope to see you again this year at the NFF.

Thanks, Burt. What a weekend to be there, too! It was packed, but in good company, the parade was much more impressive than I had ever imagined it to be, and the concerts and fireworks displays were nothing short of over the top! I highly recommend the Neptune Festival to anyone for next year :)

Ditto, Burt..will you be here for all 3 days of it?

Edited by TBurban

Where did you stay in VB, Tommy? And did you get to see the Westin Hotel, the state's tallest building, at VBTown Center?

Yes, I'll be in and out of the NFF over the entire weekend.

Sorry it's taking me forever to respond..this work is getting the best of me. I stayed at the Hilton on 31st Street, which was absolutely gorgeous! More details later.

I have to say, after seeing the Westin in person driving by on 64/264 I'm proud to call it our state's tallest. It has class, sophistication, and style to it..plus the spire looks amazing at night.

Edited by TBurban

Sorry it's taking me forever to respond..this work is getting the best of me. I stayed at the Hilton on 31st Street, which was absolutely gorgeous! More details later.

I have to say, after seeing the Westin in person driving by on 64/264 I'm proud to call it our state's tallest. It has class, sophistication, and style to it..plus the spire looks amazing at night.

Special thanks for Bruce Smith (NFL Hall of Famer, Buffalo Bills, and former Virginia Tech Hokie) for putting that Westin project together. Tommy, did you appreciate the luxury of the hotel? That used to be where I would go to the beach - as that spot was a park at one point...

Special thanks for Bruce Smith (NFL Hall of Famer, Buffalo Bills, and former Virginia Tech Hokie) for putting that Westin project together. Tommy, did you appreciate the luxury of the hotel? That used to be where I would go to the beach - as that spot was a park at one point...

I wish! It actually looked very inviting, the sun was just setting so the facade turned that deep, orange color, the glass from the windows reflected the rays, and the red light on the top was just visible enough to see. Talk about dreamy..

9 miles?! You're an ox! I still don't like the hike from the Boardwalk to the ocean :lol:

Edited by TBurban

I wish! It actually looked very inviting, the sun was just setting so the facade turned that deep, orange color, the glass from the windows reflected the rays, and the red light on the top was just visible enough to see. Talk about dreamy..

9 miles?! You're an ox! I still don't like the hike from the Boardwalk to the ocean :lol:

Journi, were you referring to the Westin at Virginia Beach Town Center or The new Hilton at 31st and Atlantic Avenue on the boardwalk? In my youth, that site used to be a small amusement park. The Hilton is where Tommy stayed -- not The Westin which he describes in its sunset glory above. :)