Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

It's really good, but I was looking for something more straight on, like a little more far away from the ground. Trying to get some sketches of what it would look like with a spire.

Tommy, I bet a quarter you'll find what you're looking for among Ryan Ramsey's galleries.

Check out:

http://richmondcitywatch.com/forum3/

And while you're there, look at his October gallery for some extra special photos of downtown projects.

Tommy, I bet a quarter you'll find what you're looking for among Ryan Ramsey's galleries.

Check out:

http://richmondcitywatch.com/forum3/

And while you're there, look at his October gallery for some extra special photos of downtown projects.

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. It should come out pretty cool if I do it right..

It's really good, but I was looking for something more straight on, like a little more far away from the ground. Trying to get some sketches of what it would look like with a spire.

What I think would look nice is if there was a twin of the tower portion on the opposite end of the structure. It would look like two towers connected by the current midrise portion.

Tomorrow is a big day for me cause I am finally turning 20 and out of the teens. Plus I might not be on here much in late december early january cause I am having surgery on my ear cause of my hearing loss I had when I was baby. So hopefully it will finally be corrected after so many years even though I can still here good but still dont really know the difference in hearing between me and someone who can hear perfectly.

Tomorrow is a big day for me cause I am finally turning 20 and out of the teens. Plus I might not be on here much in late december early january cause I am having surgery on my ear cause of my hearing loss I had when I was baby. So hopefully it will finally be corrected after so many years even though I can still here good but still dont really know the difference in hearing between me and someone who can hear perfectly.

I wish you all of the best for your surgery. I will pray for a quick, speedy and successful recovering.

Happy Birthday... :alc:

:yahoo: Happy birthday, Joey.

The surgery is going be a big improvement in your life. Congratulation for makeing the decision. We'll be thinking of you while you're recouperating. Keep us informed of your progress.

And thanks for your comments on Islamorada at Bass Pro Shop. I'm being taken there for dinner 11/25.

Thank you very much everyone for the birthday wishes. It wasnt an easy decision based on my past experience with surgery. When I was 3 years old and I got my tonsils taken out at St Mary's I woke up during the surgery. It was the worst experience I had every had there. I couldnt tell my parents about it untill I was 5 years old because I was so shook up from the experience that it took 2 years to talk about it. But I know that this day and age surgery is much more advanced and I told to completly knock me out since the same thing happend to my dad when he was younger. Its just something I guess that runs in the family.

Burt you will love Islamoradas fish company. Its very good and not that expensive at all. If you get the time or if you feel like it look around in the bass pro store its very interesting even if your not big on fishing and hunting. They have an aquarium with fish in it as well as a small pond with fish in it.

Thanks again everybody. I had an excellent birthday today and I loved every second of it. I really want to thank you all for thinking about me while I have surgery. I hope you all of you stay healthy. Especially you burt your the one that really keeps this site rolling for us. I cant even imagine what its gonna be like on here one day when there isnt anyone as dedicated to this site as you are. Maybe one day I will be that dedicated but right now I just have to keep doing what I have to do to live a good life. I cant even believe that I am 20 right now. I mean it seems like two decades has flown by so fast and I can only imagine what the next few decades will be like and how fast they will go by.

WOW!!! The Richmond Times Dispatch radically changed its online format overnight.

I'm not sure if it still calls itself inRich. Anyway, here's a story about South Belvidere Street near Lee Bridge that is becoming more and more attractive to wildlife. There have been several recent stories about bear, deer, et cetera creating havoc in mid-city:

From today's NEW inRich (or whatever it's called:)

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/loca...-083403/110833/

One thing I really like about the new R-TD online style is that one can adjust print size.

WOW!!! The Richmond Times Dispatch radically changed its online format overnight.

I'm not sure if it still calls itself inRich. Anyway, here's a story about South Belvidere Street near Lee Bridge that is becoming more and more attractive to wildlife. There have been several recent stories about bear, deer, et cetera creating havoc in mid-city:

From today's NEW inRich (or whatever it's called:)

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/loca...-083403/110833/

One thing I really like about the new R-TD online style is that one can adjust print size.

I was just there myself. It is quite amazing.

Burt - Does your mouse have a scroll wheel in the middle of the two buttons? If so, you can hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and roll the scroll wheel to change font size on any webpage(although it deosn't seem to work on UP.) Try it on the TD site.

Edited by CommRE

Burt - Does your mouse have a scroll wheel in the middle of the two buttons? If so, you can hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and roll the scroll wheel to change font size on any webpage(although it deosn't seem to work on UP.) Try it on the TD site.

Thanks, CommRE, but I have a laptop with built-in mouse.

A friend just told me how to enlarge type by going down right at bottom of this page. It's set at 100%, but I can zoom it up or down.

I don't think I could ever learn to use a mouse. They've driven me to distraction the few times I've tried. :w00t:

We have FiOS internet and TV and have been pretty pleased with it.

All the literature indicates that the internet speeds are vastly superior to cable and DSL. When you switched, was the performance notable?

Also, on the TV functionality... In order to get HD, it looks like you have to pay an additional $10/month. Am I correct? Any thoughts on what happens when all network TV is required to be broadcast in HD.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions. I don't live there yet, and may be signing up for service before I move in.

Edited by turboturtle

They have so many different specials they offer from time to time. We were able to get the HD-DVR box at no charge for the first year. I think network TV will be required to broadcast in digital as opposed to analog starting in February, but I'm not aware of a requirement for it to be broadcast in HD.

A problem I had in the past with Comcast was random outages and random slow speed periods. I've yet to have either problem with Verizon. My only complaint with the FiOS would be the customer service... some of their customer service is subcontracted out it seems. Everyone has always been very friendly, but it can be frustrating because they don't know what to do to fix the problem. When we first set up, there was an issue with the HD channels disappearing - two phone calls over two days (about 7 hours all together) later, it was finally fixed. Maybe it was just bad luck... So, as long as everything is working well, it's fantastic :thumbsup: