Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

Tommy, a year or so ago you talked about your family relocating to the Wiliamsburg area. Is that still under consideration?

Which Universities are you investigating?

Yeah, they'll be moving out in two years, after I graduate and my brother follows. What's unfortunate is that they scoured the city for a place to move in to (after my brother and I are out) and they just couldn't find "the one," and they've always expressed interest in the Williamsburg area, so they've started home-searching there.

I've got applications at Ohio State, Penn State, VT, UVA and VCU, and still planning on majoring in architecture, and if VCU is the case, urban revitalization, then a transfer to Tech or UVA. Im hoping to go in-state either way, just wanted to see how I fared out of state.

I'm exempt from exams, and I don't even have any plans for spring break! Well, not yet..but still! College for me will be in state, nothing a short drive wont do. You still owe me a picture tour.

The picture tour is off....

Here's an interesting website I've found. It's all about Richmond and is called Boomer Magazine.

http://www.boomerlifemagazine.com

Also, the hard copies are free at the area WaWa's that I have been to.

burt - Would like for me to mail you a hard copy? :P

Edited by Shakman

If you travel along the Boulevard between Grove Avenue and West Broad Street with any regularity, heavy construction on a new water main will begin in the spring in the western lanes of the north/south thoroughfare. I guess the crepe myrtle in the median strip will be spared. In my youth The Boulevard was lined with linden trees and was often referred to as Richmond's "Unter den Linden" after a famous avenue in Berlin.

From 10 S Boulevard blog via Richmond dot com:

http://www.10sboulevard.com/node/331

Richmond Announces Reductions in Crime:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/loca...-104008/184470/

Richmond police today announced a 14 percent drop in violent crime last year compared with 2007, and a 9 percent drop in major crime.

Homicides in 2008 were down by 42 percent and commercial robberies dropped 44 percent, police said.

So I took my first pics of something around the city yesterday since November. I'm going to see how much of Manchester proper I can do. So I'm going back out today. Looks like enough sun.

Edited by Cadeho

It great that young people are excited about their hometowns, varider. Norfolk is lucky to have a supporter like you.

Haha thank you..

I was just playingg i love richmond too i just wanted to see what you Richmonders would say..

But I do think Norfolk is a tad bit more cool than Richmond..

With all the new developments under way..

Oh and we have light rail on the way :)