Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

:rofl:

Actually the killer hangover was from UVA...the only thing that made it go away was drinking at JMU :alc:

Yeah, UVA has always been known as a "drinking school", but they all have book-smarts! The other great thing that happened this weekend in WAHOO country was UVA beating Florida State in football!!! YEAH BABY!!! I had a flashback of 1995 when we last beat them! Oh, it was sweet bliss last night!!! What an awesome game...on national TV!!! Did you go to the game Coupe? If you did, I'm seriously jealous!!

Something being billed as "Get Motivated" is coming to the Richmond Coliseum on Wednesday, October 26th from 8am to 5pm. Whatever it is, participants are REALLY in the big leagues. The speakers are: Zig Ziglar; Steve Forbes; George Ross; Jerry Lewis; Larry King AND Rudolph Giuliani. Admission at the door is $225 per person, but if you have 10 people who want to attend from your office, you can all get in for a total of $49.00 ($4.90 each) if you call before Friday, October 21st. Besides, you can skip work for a few hours! :)

Call 1-800/844-8972 for reservations.

Edited by burt

All you fashionistas better make reservations soon if you want to attend the show called WEARABLE ART 8 at La Difference on October 22nd. The theme is "exposed" :)

Admission is $35. La Diff is the large furniture store at 14th and Dock streets, but it's not the furniture that is exposed in this fashion show! :lol:

Edited by burt

maybe it reached its maximum bandwidth from all the scottb cut and pastes or maybe Ryan didn't pay the bill? Or maybe it is a host problem?

Haha! The heaviest usuers should help pay Ryan's bill. I guess he doen't use "link" because he knows nobody would read all his entries. I don read many of them, but it's a pain in the butt to have to scroll for miles to get to the next possibly interesting entry from somebody else.

:)

I'm worried about not being able to see RCW. Hope it's not really serious.

I'm sure it will be back up and running soon... I hope

Yeah, I'm sure it will be up soon. I know that Ryan has enough money to keep the site up and running for a while. If that were not the case then he would have asked for donations like he did about 3 years ago. I'm sure it just a hosting problem...I'll be staying tuned. Let's look on the bright side though...this is a great time for those who can't and want to get on RCW to check us out if they think about us being here. :shades:

There seem to be more viewers than usual here. Our dining-out thread has had almost 100 viewers since 9:30 this morning.

Passing comment: The 60 story new tower across the street from me has just topped off. It cut off the pitiful little view I had of the Empire State Building when it reached about the 20th level. I used to be able to see the ESB if I scrunched into a far corner of my window.

I sent an e-mail to Ryan inquiring about RCW, but it came back from that Daemon-Mailer person or robot or whatever saying it was undeliverable. I hope there is no major problem. :(

Edited by burt

Next time I'll speak up! This is the fourth (and highest) tower within two blocks in the past 3 years. Next time, I'll send two to Richmond and two to Norfolk.

:yahoo:

Yes, I'm so jealous! New York gets new highrises like Richmond gets sunny days!...it's so commonplace! How does Richmond pull something like that off??? I think it's up to you, BURT, to educated the New Yorkers up there to move their HQs to Richmond, Virginia!! It's cheaper there and the quality of life is awesome!! BURT, you need to be a Richmond ambassador! :)