Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

Where is our leader, vdogg? Does he know about all this?

At least, we still have the Dayton thing and you have my correspondence with Judy Ford. I hope you dig into it as we discussed.

The database crashed and we had to go to backup. As a result all post between 10:00pm last night and 9:30am this morning were lost as well as some additional info.

Yes it does since I had just done a major update to the projects listing before that and lost it as well as some posts. I had to redo some things this morning. Such is life I guess. -_-

What about the clock settings, vdogg?

I posted this at 10:15PM not 11:15 as it reads above.

Edited by burt

make sure you guys check out the links above!

Coupe, I completed the Help Rate Richmond's Future survey, but get "Web site not responding" on GRCC. Why is that? And what does a "pdf" file mean. I got a script sent me yesterday - one "pdf" and another "adobe". After first trying Adobe, I selected the pdf because it was quicker than adobe, but have no idea what pdf means.

Edited by burt

Coupe, I wish you could tell me how to get my clock set correctly. I've been to My Controls and hit Board Settings. I've tried to get out of DST, which didn't work, then I went back and hit the other box, and it didn't work either. Am I stuck with my clock being one hour ahead of everybody elses? You'll notice that this posting time (at least on my screen) is 12:01 when I actually typed it at 11:01am.

Edited by burt

hey burt my clock is screwed up too...not really sure how to fix it. Maybe Vdogg or one of the 'big guys' would know?

The grcc site might be down because so many people tried accessing it after the release of the Times-Dispatch article. I accessed it last night. LAter in the night I couldn't....Thanks for filling out the survey.

Adobe opens .pdf files :) For example, this is totally random and off topic, but a pdf looks like this

http://www.ridegrtc.com/FrontEnd/Download_...nloads/Rt28.pdf

it's from the GRTC website :)...

by the way, the Chamber of Commerce website is working again.

wait maybe not.. hmmmm

I got a Ric Renaissance e-mail today about the survey, and there was a CC link that worked, but I didn't read it. Is that the one you're talking about? If so, I'll go back to it.

okay guys...the next time I post I'll be back in the real Virginia in Richmond :) can't wait!

(Real Virginia is south of the Rappahannock and west of loudoun county...you can't get sweet tea north of the Rappahannock, and the Virginia Visitor's Center Rest Area is just south of the Rappahannock. It's capital is the city on the mighty James)

I'll return with a bounty of pictures and updates I hope! And a belly full of Brunswick Stew from the festival at the farmer's market tomorrow!

you know they say talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity.. don't let me go crazy guys!

We are all just figments of your imagination anyway, so technically even though it seems like it's me talking it's actually you... :rofl:

So how was the Festival? I got down to Shockoe Bottom but it was around 5 and the Festival was already done. Ended up eating some sushi at Sumo San. Did you get some good pictures?

okay guys...the next time I post I'll be back in the real Virginia in Richmond :) can't wait!

(Real Virginia is south of the Rappahannock and west of loudoun county...you can't get sweet tea north of the Rappahannock, and the Virginia Visitor's Center Rest Area is just south of the Rappahannock. It's capital is the city on the mighty James)

I'll return with a bounty of pictures and updates I hope! And a belly full of Brunswick Stew from the festival at the farmer's market tomorrow!

and you forgot the rumbling waves of the Atlantic Ocean and the beautiful Chesapeake Bay :thumbsup::rofl:

I read in today's paper that the School Board, which is being ousted from City Hall, wants to lease about 70,000 square feet in the Seaboard Building, that big long grey elephant, in the 3600 block of West Broad. It would cost something like $4M to make this move and it's no surprise that the Mayor is balking.

If the Board needs 70,000 square feet it means that it has a slew of employees, and IMO, they should not leave downtown for the inner burbs. Those jobs are needed in the core.

And will someone on the search committee tell us why the practically empty Theatre Row Building at 8th and Broad (across from the new Fed C.H.) is inadequate for their needs? I'm sure it has at least 70,000 square feet available for immediate move-in!

Edited by burt