Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

I think a forum meet up would be kinda cool. I know burt would of been there. I miss burt he was one of the very few that would keep these forums going :(. I try to post every now and then but as usual life gets in the way of things sometimes. I ran a 5K downtown a couple weekends ago at the war memorial and really enjoyed seeing the skyline from the lee bridge. Its one of my favorite views of downtown. 

• Like 1

When I was living in Richmond, burt and I met a couple of times.  Great times hanging out with burt.

Can we do a forum meet up on a weekend so some of us out-of-towners, who use to live in Richmond, can be there?

Edited by Shakman

I would certainly be up for a meetup.  Disappointingly, I came close to catching Burt in New York but it never happened.  I did recently meet someone from the old RCW forums but have not been successful in convincing him to relocate here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I drove through Richmond yesterday (via I-95) and I was thinking that I might see some sort of signage or some indication that the UCI is coming to town in just a couple weeks and...nothing. Kind of disappointed in that, but it did seem like some of the median areas have been cleaned (will need to be redone before the races) and the grass medians appeared recently mowed. It's amazing the difference a little clean up does toward a positive image for the city. I hope it continues, but come on Richmond - there needs to be some sort of welcome for the world!

I have not seen much for major signage for passer-byers but there is some smaller signage peppered all over the city.  Of note, I did pass a trailer this morning loaded with the first set of letters for the Richmond sign being built at the Shockoe Valley interchange.

I have not seen much for major signage for passer-byers but there is some smaller signage peppered all over the city.  Of note, I did pass a trailer this morning loaded with the first set of letters for the Richmond sign being built at the Shockoe Valley interchange.

Glad to hear that the sign will be completed soon.  I thought for sure that it would have been done by now, but I saw that everything was done except for the lettering when I drove past this weekend.  Hopefully it will also be lit up at night.  Does anyone know if it will?  I also think that passersby should know about the big even coming up next week.  It's the WORLDS for goodness sakes!

Glad to hear that the sign will be completed soon.  I thought for sure that it would have been done by now, but I saw that everything was done except for the lettering when I drove past this weekend.  Hopefully it will also be lit up at night.  Does anyone know if it will?  I also think that passersby should know about the big even coming up next week.  It's the WORLDS for goodness sakes!

The letters were all up as of this morning.  I have been unable to find any information on lighting but here are the sign plans:

http://www.virginiadot.org/VDOT/Projects/Richmond/asset_upload_file589_52718.pdf

Thanks for the plans and the updates, guys!  Does anyone have a good photo of the finished product?  I do question why it is located there and not at the city line north/south of downtown.  When you see the sign, you've already been in Richmond for quite a while.  I would like to see something like this at the main entrances to the city, not smack dab in the middle of town.  Love the sign, I just question its location.

• Like 1

Thanks for the plans and the updates, guys!  Does anyone have a good photo of the finished product?  I do question why it is located there and not at the city line north/south of downtown.  When you see the sign, you've already been in Richmond for quite a while.  I would like to see something like this at the main entrances to the city, not smack dab in the middle of town.  Love the sign, I just question its location.

Agree 100%

• 2 weeks later...